www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Launches

Default Launches

Could anyone tell me were the launches are from Buckaloons to the tailwaters ?

I only know of 1 public launch for sure between those two...

1. Starbrick. PAFBC owned, concrete, decent parking across road.

and maybe a 2nd...
    2. Looking at Satellite images, there appears to be one by Warren General Hospital under Hickory Bridge too, but don't take my word for it.

Thanks Mike, I will check out Starbrick. I know the hospital has a helicopter pad feet from the river maybe thats what you are seeing. I'll check it out. Thanks for the info. Gary

There is a launch right at the Buckaloons campground but there is a fee there.
    The Starbrick launch already mentioned is next going up river. Next launch is right in Betts Park which isn't too bad of a launch, a little shallow. Next is right off the H pad at the hospital, parking sucks and is far from the launch. The spillway has a launch also.
    Starbrick is the nicest launch but if you are planning on running up river you have to go through the most dangerous spot right below Betts park.

Hope that helps. Only pay launch is the campground one. And the hospital if you park in the 2 hour parking area it will cost you $10 in a parking fine. Before I figured out where to park I would tell my fishing partner that there was a $5 launch fee he had to pay, when we would get back and see the ticket I'd say that is the launch fee, you pay $5 and I pay $5. Fine drop box was right there........Perfect!!! LOL.......

Thanks Toothy for the info.