www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: T.F.F. Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default T.F.F. Update

Tuesday greeted my clients and I with very humid weather and overcast sky's with a light NW wind. Starting out working a shallow coontail filled bay with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with half crawler or leech, we boated only 1 eye in this area along with a few missed fish. Our next stop was another shallow bay with both coontail and wood and not a bite. We then moved to a wind blown island that contained mostly wood and here we boated 1 small smallie and 1 keeper eye. Our next move was to 3 to 3 1/2 feet of water and worked some stickups and we found 1 more keeper eye. We tried a couple more spots that contained good coontail patches and came up empty except for a few pike. By 1 PM with high sky's and a hot sun beating down on us, we moved up on a stumpy hump in 6 feet of water and found gold. Here, we boated 8 eyes in just over an hour with 6 of them being good keepers along with some nice smallies. All the fished caught during our trip were on crawlers, nothing on leeches.

Back out today, will keep you posted.
    Don Pemble

Don, you said good keepers. Can you tell me what sizes are good keepers to the flowage? I have never fished there but will be and would like to know what size I am looking for. Thanks in advance.

Default Keepers

To me a keeper is 14 inches and up.
    Don Pemble

Thanks Don