www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water levels?

Default Water levels?

Hi,
    Can anyone give me an idea on the water level on TFF?
    Also would be interested in knowing about The Gile.
    I have been coming up there for about 13 years now and have been told it was very dry up there but understand you have had some recent rains.
    Just talked to a guy that used to live up there and he was up for the Walleye opener and told me he had never seen the lake so murky. Thought the winds had blown up the mud on the mud flats.
    Anyway, I am strictly a catch and release smallie guy and thinking about heading up that way in a couple of weeks. Appreciate any help.
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

tff water level.... about a foot below full pool....
    good luck,
    chris

Default Look here

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/facilitie...eau/water.html

This gets updated most weeks on Friday afternoon or Monday.

I sent in a request to have the link posted as a sticky at the top of the forum, since people are always asking for it.

As of Monday afternoon, the Springstead Landing gauge read -1.30 feet. The muddy areas always get stirred up when the wind blows, but overall the water clarity from opener through Memorial Day was close to the best I've seen in 16 years. Despite all the June rain and several days of strong winds, last weekend it was still better than expected, with the bottom visible at 2-3 feet in most places.

Default That was quick!

Thanks to the webmaster! It's up as a sticky and they even embedded the chart.

The Gile is full and the smallmouht fishing is outrageous.

Can somebody direct me to were the Gile is? Is this short for some other lake. I will be coming up Sat. for a week at TFF and might want to venture to some other lakes.
    Thanks

Cool Gile?

The Gile Flowage is up by Hurley. Just take 51 North and you will see the signs. You can also take 77 West out of Hurley a short distance toward Montreal and there is a sign to direct you to it. Hurley is only like 25 miles north of Mercer. Hope this helps. Best fishes.

the gile eats props and lower units,even more than the tff.take i easy up there,

The new "Water Level" sticky is a closed sticky (you can't post to it) and my post there was deleted, so I guess this thread is THE thread for posting water level stuff. Not sure why admin closed it, because if it's left open the top post with the link still stays there, but people can post their water level reports too...

Anyway:
    Last week the water level was still rising. It was 1570.7 as of Sat., and had come up about an inch over last week.

Default My fault - I asked them to do it.

If you have your Display Mode set to Linear, it displays all the posts in a thread beginning with the newest one at the top. I find that the easiest to use, especially when a thread gets lengthy. For anyone using that display mode, allowing replies would have put the link and graph at the bottom of a bunch of replies that could have really piled up after a couple seasons, and I figured that would defeat the purpose of having the sticky in the first place. I figured it was better to have various threads about water level topics, like the one LundAngler started, but leave the sticky as a standalone link for people who just want to see the numbers.

Unhappy

Thanks for all the help on the water levels. I had a cabin that I actually made a deposit on and now find out that the lady that owns the cabin told the agent (who will go unnamed) that she is coming up the week of July 24th which is the same time I was coming up, sooooooooo my fault for planning so late I guess! I may end up at another lake altogether!
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default Cabins on the TFF

Sorry to hear your cabin got canceled. See www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for other lodging options. If you email me, I will send your inquiry out to all TFFA members and those with openings will contact you.

www.flambeauvista.com

Thank you for your thoughtfullness. I have checked out that site several times. I have a lead on one place so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will make up my mind for sure by tomorrow as I can't just wait till I get there and hope to find a place to stay. It's either that or change my plans completely by heading to a different lake or a different state.
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

Showing a discharge rate of 555 on turtle. That doens't really tell me anything. What are the water levels like?
    Anyone heard anything about the Giles water levels?
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

Quote Originally Posted by fishrman View Post
    Showing a discharge rate of 555 on turtle. That doens't really tell me anything. What are the water levels like?
    Anyone heard anything about the Giles water levels?
    are you looking at this link? http://xcelenergy.com/About_Us/Our_C...ischarge_Rates

Full pool on the TFF is considered 1572', so it's just about 1' down, or about 7" or so from when I was there in May.
    HRG

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
    are you looking at this link? http://xcelenergy.com/About_Us/Our_C...ischarge_Rates

Full pool on the TFF is considered 1572', so it's just about 1' down, or about 7" or so from when I was there in May.
    HRG
    OK, thanks! How was the fishin?
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

Quote Originally Posted by fishrman View Post
    OK, thanks! How was the fishin?
    Fishing with my friend Don (Pemble) was good. Fishing without Don, not so good. But, I guess that's the price we paid for a nearly perfect week, weather-wise.
    HRG