www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water levels?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Water levels?

Hi,
    Can anyone give me an idea on the water level on TFF?
    Also would be interested in knowing about The Gile.
    I have been coming up there for about 13 years now and have been told it was very dry up there but understand you have had some recent rains.
    Just talked to a guy that used to live up there and he was up for the Walleye opener and told me he had never seen the lake so murky. Thought the winds had blown up the mud on the mud flats.
    Anyway, I am strictly a catch and release smallie guy and thinking about heading up that way in a couple of weeks. Appreciate any help.
    KEEPFISHN4FUN

tff water level.... about a foot below full pool....
    good luck,
    chris

Default Look here

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/facilitie...eau/water.html

This gets updated most weeks on Friday afternoon or Monday.

I sent in a request to have the link posted as a sticky at the top of the forum, since people are always asking for it.

As of Monday afternoon, the Springstead Landing gauge read -1.30 feet. The muddy areas always get stirred up when the wind blows, but overall the water clarity from opener through Memorial Day was close to the best I've seen in 16 years. Despite all the June rain and several days of strong winds, last weekend it was still better than expected, with the bottom visible at 2-3 feet in most places.

Default That was quick!

Thanks to the webmaster! It's up as a sticky and they even embedded the chart.

The Gile is full and the smallmouht fishing is outrageous.

Can somebody direct me to were the Gile is? Is this short for some other lake. I will be coming up Sat. for a week at TFF and might want to venture to some other lakes.
    Thanks

Cool Gile?

The Gile Flowage is up by Hurley. Just take 51 North and you will see the signs. You can also take 77 West out of Hurley a short distance toward Montreal and there is a sign to direct you to it. Hurley is only like 25 miles north of Mercer. Hope this helps. Best fishes.