www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Report

Default Musky Report

Hi everyone, The water temps on Vermilion are finally warming up. I've had temps in the low 70's in some of the smaller bays. The water temps in the larger bays and main lake are 68-70. I'm figuring by next weekend the temps should be in the mid 70's. This past few weeks we've boated some smaller muskies, the smallest one being a 17 incher. That 17 incher hit a top raider on a rock point. The biggest musky we've boated was a 44 incher last week. I caught the 44 throwing a Shumway Flasher along a cabbage line in ten feet of water. We are still catching some nice pike while we are Musky fishing. Last friday i was on the rainy river with my son Robert and nephew Grant from Bemidiji. It was Grant's first sturgeon trip and it turned out to be a good one for him. He boated a 49.5", 51" and a 32 incher. We caught and released 5 other Sturgeon as well. We've also been catching some nice Largemouth on the two private lakes that i guide on. Walleye fishing has been picking up. The Walleyes are now out on the main lake. The Walleyes have schooled up and are out on the reefs on the main lake. What seems to be working best is slow trolling a jip tipped with a leech or a crawler in about 17-24 feet of water. That's it for now i'll catch you later. If you'd like to book a trip give me a call at 218-780-2615. Thanks. John.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	425 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	10451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grant_1st_sturgeon_7-2-10.JPG 
Views:	396 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	10452  
    Reel Time Guide Service
    John Petruska

Web Site: http://www.reeltimeguiding.com