www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake of the Woods Update - July 5/10

Default Lake of the Woods Update - July 5/10

With the recent rain and storms the water temperature has been bouncing around all over the place. We were finding temps around 66-68 where it was 70-73 last week. The muskies seem to be moving around quite a bit, and fish are being seen in both weeds and rocks. Topwater baits, Hellhounds, and Double Cowgirls were moving most of the fish.

Walleye fishing is still incredible! Fish are on points, reefs, and weedlines. I spent an evening with my girlfriend just trying new reefs and humps and it paid off with a great limit of eaters, as well as these 24 and 27"ers for my girlfriend.

Lindy rigs caught most of the fish, but jigs were getting bit as well. Seemed as long as there was baitfish in the area, the walleye weren't far behind. 20 - 24' seemed to be the depth to concentrate on, but some shallower reefs were producing in as shallow as 12'.

Andrew Klassen
    Andrew Klassen Guide Service
    NW Ontario & Manitoba

Web Site: http://www.andrewklassen.com
    E-Mail: setthehook@shaw.ca
    Toll-Free: 1-866-676-FISH

Smile Mayflies!

Hi Drew,are the flies done yet and where do you guide out of? I,m heading up to Clearwater area the on 16th!How,s water level.What species do you specialize in?Thanks Greg

Hi Greg,
    The flies were done in most areas of the lake. We did find a few areas where there was a mild hatch still going on, but overall this hatch is over! I guide out of the Kenora area of Lake of the Woods, including Clearwater Bay so I'm very familiar with the area you're heading up to! Water level has been steadily rising with all the rain we've been getting and its pretty much back to normal now.
    I specialize in muskies, pike, and walleye. If you'd like more information, feel free to drop me a line at (204) 918-8403 or e-mail me your number at setthehook@shaw.ca and I'd be happy to call you and talk fishing or set up a trip!

Thanks for your inquiry,
    Andrew
    Andrew Klassen Guide Service
    NW Ontario & Manitoba

Web Site: http://www.andrewklassen.com
    E-Mail: setthehook@shaw.ca
    Toll-Free: 1-866-676-FISH