www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: lure retrievel Applause !!!!

Default lure retrievel Applause !!!!

I made a $20.00 purchase at the butler show this past year. Toothys lure retrieval. So far it saved me a perchbait and 2 wileys at lake arthur over the past week. Knocked 2 loose with the weight of the retrieval and the one today the chains snagged the hooks and bent her free. "I was wondering what those chains were for." Great Product if anyone is in the market for the best. Thanks toothy.....

Thanks!
    Glad it worked good for you, crazy to not have something to get them back with the price of them.

It's only failed me once so far, money saved I couldn't even imagine!

I made my own this spring out of rope, metal carbiner clip and chain. All told, it cost me about 11.85. Not a big savings, but a little cheaper. Works great. To date it has recovered 7 snagged lures. I have no idea why I didn't make one of those about 4 years ago!

One time I got a snag, sent the retriever down, a few bounces and it was tied into the lure. I pulled and pulled and couldn't bust it free.....

Now what!!!! I need a retriever....retriever!!!!

So I wrapped my retriever rope on the boat cleat and fired up the big motor, it pulled very hard then finally it broke free and a big mud cloud came up from the bottom. Once it was broke free I could pull it up by hand but it was all I could do. Turned out being 4 cinder blocks tied together and the rope was cut off and frayed. My perchbait was hooked into all that frayed rope. My partner cut the rope below the lure with his knife and the wad went back to the bottom.

Not sure what you'd do if it was hung and couldn't be broke free?? I guess cut the retriever rope and loose everything???? Floor the boat and maybe break your retriever rope??? I guess about the same a loosing an anchor.

AHHHH NO FUN!!!