www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: webster or barbee??

Question webster or barbee??

hey, headin out either tommorow or wedsnday, i was thinking about barbee for the lack of pleasure boaters. or is it a better bet just to go to webster? is it time for some bulldawgs in the deep yet? what's been working the best and where? good luck out there, and happy 4th!!!!!
    best regards,
    -Trent Moskwinski

What are the water temps running up there? In a lake a little south of our Indiana musky country I had 87 degrees during the day cooling to 84 at night. This was even a large deep lake. Granted it is south of the Webster area, but I would think that it cant be too different. I would like to head north and beat up on some muskies, but am concerned about the conditions and release-ability of the fish.

Thumbs down

No way the water temps are below 80, probably closer to 85. I seen 80 degrees on webster before memorial day. Seen a report of 87 on Tippy a couple weeks ago. Not good.

not good is right! it's gunna be some tough fishing this summer

Here's the lowdown on water temps. Me and my boys hadn't been out in three weeks so we went out on Tippy tonight. The launch at Petey's was 85 ans the lake was 82.5 to 83.5 at 10 p.m. when we left. I'm done till we get some temps back in the mid to low 80's and low sixties at night. I'll get out the bass gear and fish for perch and gills for awhile! Besides the weekend pleasure Rodders and Jet ski crowd have made some nice salad on top! Get the dressing! I do have to say the sunset was beautiful though!! Hope to see on the water later!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!

The Tippy river was 77 degrees yesterday by Winamac and I had 88 degrees on Brookeville on Sunday. I can only imagine Webster and the chain being much warmer then 80. I had 81-82 on Webster back in late May and when I was swimming the water wasn't cold until below the toes so it wasn't just the surface.