www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mid week report.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Well I can write the report now as the winds are howling.

Hello All,
    I guess I can write this report early because the wind is REALLY blowing now and it appears we may be done fishing from the boat and will be heading back to Iowa tomorrow bright and early.
    Due to the wind in 5 full days of fishing we were able to venture out of the bay we were in twice. While fishing was very slow for us in the boat last evening two fellow resort cabin guests did very well on the eye's. From what I could gather Hardwoods and Second Duck were the spots but because I was not there I cannot attest to the fishing method of presentation or depth (just got to witness the stringers!!!). I must say the fishermen that venture out in 4 foot waves are a hardy bunch; I tried and while I had enough boat the feeling was less than enjoyable so the venture was cut very short.
    The resort here at Brindleys is top notch with a very helpful and freindly staff. The daily resort activities kept our family entertained and we enjoyed each and every day.
    The perch fishing is tremendous off of the dock and we should be able to take home enough for a meal or two. Sorry for the poor fishing report but I can promise it is not the lake but the fisherman!!! Until next time, Kevin.
    Last edited by Spitnargue; 07-02-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling