Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
spitnargue:

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! It takes a special person and boat to tackle four footers!!! You were able to fish and find other options for the family. Perhaps finding other smaller waters in the area as a back-up plan might help with the fishing pain for next year's trip...

Mark
Hello Mark,
Thanks for the advice and no worries on my earlier statements, I know I am not very good at walleye fishing...... But that does not keep me from trying!!!
Leech Lake intrigues me and on the days that one can explore it's waters (without risking life and limb) small lakes cannot compare. The next time I do this Brindleys will be the resort of choice again with one change, instead of renting the Lund Alaskan with a 75 Honda tiller. I will rent one of the larger, deeper Lunds; the 20' Lund Fisherman dual console not so I can go out in any inclimate weather but as a way to reach more fishable water. The experience of Leech Lake is wonderful, the town of Walker welcoming and I cannot look forward more to the next time I can spend some vacation time here on Leech. Goodluck all, Kevin.