www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mid week report.

Default Mid week report.

Hello All, we have been fishing now since Sunday and the wind has been brutal for us, keeping us for the most part from veturing from our bay. The bite for us has been slow but I must say no one else has been tearing it up here at the resort either. Spotty success with Shad Raps in the evening and the game saver has been the Perch fishing from the resort docks, solid 10 inch Perch and alot of them. Sorry I cannot be of more help, a shout out to IAGUY I have a Superman signal sent to your pm box. I will post a more in depth full week report after we return home this coming weekend. See you all later.

Ya, the perch fishing for 10+ inch perch was big for us too. Look forward to the next report.

Default Well I can write the report now as the winds are howling.

Hello All,
    I guess I can write this report early because the wind is REALLY blowing now and it appears we may be done fishing from the boat and will be heading back to Iowa tomorrow bright and early.
    Due to the wind in 5 full days of fishing we were able to venture out of the bay we were in twice. While fishing was very slow for us in the boat last evening two fellow resort cabin guests did very well on the eye's. From what I could gather Hardwoods and Second Duck were the spots but because I was not there I cannot attest to the fishing method of presentation or depth (just got to witness the stringers!!!). I must say the fishermen that venture out in 4 foot waves are a hardy bunch; I tried and while I had enough boat the feeling was less than enjoyable so the venture was cut very short.
    The resort here at Brindleys is top notch with a very helpful and freindly staff. The daily resort activities kept our family entertained and we enjoyed each and every day.
    The perch fishing is tremendous off of the dock and we should be able to take home enough for a meal or two. Sorry for the poor fishing report but I can promise it is not the lake but the fisherman!!! Until next time, Kevin.
    Last edited by Spitnargue; 07-02-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling

spitnargue:

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! It takes a special person and boat to tackle four footers!!! You were able to fish and find other options for the family. Perhaps finding other smaller waters in the area as a back-up plan might help with the fishing pain for next year's trip...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
    spitnargue:

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! It takes a special person and boat to tackle four footers!!! You were able to fish and find other options for the family. Perhaps finding other smaller waters in the area as a back-up plan might help with the fishing pain for next year's trip...

Mark
    Hello Mark,
    Thanks for the advice and no worries on my earlier statements, I know I am not very good at walleye fishing...... But that does not keep me from trying!!!
    Leech Lake intrigues me and on the days that one can explore it's waters (without risking life and limb) small lakes cannot compare. The next time I do this Brindleys will be the resort of choice again with one change, instead of renting the Lund Alaskan with a 75 Honda tiller. I will rent one of the larger, deeper Lunds; the 20' Lund Fisherman dual console not so I can go out in any inclimate weather but as a way to reach more fishable water. The experience of Leech Lake is wonderful, the town of Walker welcoming and I cannot look forward more to the next time I can spend some vacation time here on Leech. Goodluck all, Kevin.

Hey Kevin,

Paris, Jean, Tim Greg & Mike run what we, and a lot of other folks, consider the best resort on Leech, bar none.

Sorry to hear that you experienced one of those periodical times when the winds blowing like a madman and no one in their right mind would consider going out past Pine Point, with anything less than Paris's 24' boat. However, we always had some pretty good success trolling Traders and there are a fair number of ramps throughout the Lake, that negate having to take a rough run.

Did you get a chance to play some poker with the gang of three?

Keith

Default Brindley

Hello Keith, You are right Brindleys is a wonderful resort and like I said earlier; with my poor fishing success it is not the lake but the fisherman. I missed the poker games and that's probably not a bad thing; I play poker worse than I fish.