www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lure painting

Default Lure painting

I was looking for someone to repaint a few muskie lures in specific patterns. Only thing I found on the net was for custom painting of bass lures. Does anyone know of a shop or company that could paint a few lures? If so, the website or phone number please. Thanks.

CHeck with andy on this one.....he bought a couple of hellhounds at the columbus show that were custom and I know that they do custom work. I can't remember the name but the pics on thier site were sweet!

Jacob

The place Jake is talkin about is http://www.kurtsislandsports.com/shop/
    When i talked to them at the ohio show they said they will have there painter to one off's, not sure the charge. But the baits they sell are mostly painted baits, and they look great. I have put some use to the baits i bought from then and the paint is wearing for me.

Thats the best direction i can point you, it sound like you want to have your painted more than buyin custom jobbers. Some times i grab a couple good cans of spray paint and have a good time making my own colors, if they wear out or you mess up it isnt that big a deal as you can just paint over it.

Remember, painting is easy until you know how.

Keith Eschbaugh started something in the last couple of years called Dutch Forks. He was at the Butler fishing show. Most of the local lure makers would probably be happy to do it.

Keith at Dutchfork custom lures does a great job! Check his website out. He will custom paint it the way you want it! His phone number is 724-887-3977

Brian

depending on the color and type of bait i would be happy to do some for you. i airbrush in automotive urethanes and have been able to copy just about any pattern out there. the paint i use is very expensive and very few people airbrush w/ it b/c of the costs as i have only seen one other painter use this paint, since laquers are so cheap and more readily available. i get the paint from my job as an airbrusher/ detailer from my work as i couldn't afford atleast $50 a pint for solid colors, with red and candy colors costing well over $100 a pint and of course you can't have enough colors right? i then clear coat w/ at least 2 coats of super hard epoxy w/o any airbubbles in it. i have posted some pics on lakeontariounited under lure painting if you are interested. just a hobby of mine and i also like to make basement baits in my spare time (mostly over the winter). if interested call me @ 585-414-0138. i live in rochester, ny and fish chautaqua as much as i can. it took me alittle over 2 weeks to strip, seal, primer, sand, paint and clear coat my last order for 2 tuff shads in black perch. i have a 2 year old so time isn't over abundant.

I just received several custom color "surprise mouth" chop baits (for my Vermilion trip coming up next week) from Rich Newman today and they look awesome. I sent him some photos from the MN DNR site and he painted them to perfection.

His number is 724.944.8123.

The Western PA boys sure can make and paint some great baits.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

depending on where you live.i live in mercer county ,so we take ours to grandma lure co. in jamestown pa.