www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: McQuoid's has camping

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

Default McQuoid's has camping

The majority of the people fishing with me that need lodging stay at Mcquoid's. The location is good, the rates are reasonable and competitive with anything else in the area, and the rooms and service are good. Mcquoid's is a real fisherman's place to stay, as almost everyone there has the same purpose: fishing. I recently found out that they offer camping, too. I don't think it's a new offering, but it's new to me (heck, I'm a musky guide, not a travel agent, and I've never needed a place stay on Mille Lacs). Every year, I get a lot of guys who want bare-bones lodging because they plan to fish until they drop, and I get a lot of younger guys on a shoestring budget who just need a place to put a tent and an outlet to recharge the boat. I never knew what to suggest for those folks other than Father Hennepin, but that's often full. Anyway, Mcquoids has a part of their property set off for tent and RV camping. The tent area is pretty basic, but people can still plug in their boat and there's also a bathroom and shower house. These are the basics a lot of guys are looking for, and it's only $15/night on weekdays and $20/night on weekends. RV sites with electric are $25. I'm not an RV camper kind of guy, but that seems like a good deal.

Anyway, there's just a bit of info to pass along.
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com

Oh, that's nice to know. Do you mean to tell me I've been sleeping in my truck to save a piddly $15?