www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Father/Son Can-Am Trip

Default Father/Son Can-Am Trip

We got back late last night from the Ray Demers Memorial Can-Am at Lake St. Clair and spent most of the day drying everything out. My son Luke and I fished the event as a team and we had a tremendous time. It was really a first class event the entire weekend and let me say thanks to Manny, Mark, Dennis, Paul, Rick and so many others that put in a lot of hard work to put on a fantastic outing. Despite a couple mishaps in the marina earning Luke the nickname "Splash" and causing me to get a new blackberry today, the weekend was perfect. And the fishing was pretty good too.

Luke and I went 9 for 14 with 2 other solid rips and a 25" walleye kicker. Luke boated 6 of our fish. Unfortunately he lost two back to back and I think one of them was a pretty good fish. I lost two good fish back to back on Friday when John O. joined us for a few hours. One of them is a story for another day (after I edit some video we shot).

To keep it simple, we ran a four rod spread with in-line boards on the outside. The majority of our fish hit the boat rods and we ran mostly new and old style tuff shads. On Sunday it was my turn when a beautiful 50.75" fish hit a hot perch new tuff shad I set deep off the boat rod.

This fish was my first fifty and I couldn't ask for a better scenario than having my 10 year old son as the net man. It was a perfect net job and that's the first muskie he's ever netted unassisted. We had an awesome father/son weekend and even after 18 hard hours on the water, he's begging to go out again soon. The boat is all cleaned and sanitized for some Alum time. I'll see you on the water.

P.S. Enjoy the pics Doug and I hope to see you on the lake soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luke Muskie.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	10320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Luke Trolling.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	10321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rob 50 on Board.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	10322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rob 50.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	10323  

Sweet pics Rob and great job on the fish. Great job Luke at the net. I guess it's like father like son as far as going splash. lol. Just glad only his feelings got hurt. That sucked watching your phone go kerplunk. I was holding half the box and you had the other as we watched it go bye bye. Again, great job team Vangorder!!!!!

Good stuff Rob! Congrats on your first fifty.

Awesome trip rob! We went out again monday morning picked up one more fish on a tuff shad and got literaly blown from the lake. That place is awesome!

Congrats on the 50! Glad to hear Luke had a good time and got some fish.

Cliff

Awsome, Rob. Way to go!

Greg H.

Congrats on your first 50 good job Luke.

Default father and sons

Here is to all the fathers that taught their sons to fish. Lost my dad last night although he only caught 8 muskies in his life he taught me to appreciate the outdoors. God caught a keeper last night, of course he did i think it was the full moon......
    tight line
    Ross

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Heres to all the Dads that taught us to fish, and give us the strength to teach our sons and daughters. Doug Dible