www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lac Seul Muskie Fishing

Default Lac Seul Muskie Fishing

Anyone fished Lac Seul? I am going in early August and wondering what areas of the lake produce fish. Any information would be great. Thanks!

Muskie are most often found in the Eastern end of the lake, Chamberlain Narrows . At 100 miles from west to east where you stay will impact your chances. With the newer regulations the pike are coming back strong all over the lake. Remember : no live fish in the boat; no stringers.

I concur with larryc. As for the ENE part of the lake, I have friends who have ventured up there in Sept. and done really well with fish up to 56". We stayed on the southcentral part of the lake. Our guides told us not to worry about musky fishing in that area as they are not even caught as a by-product of northern, walleye or SMB fishing done in that part of the fishery during their spring, summer or fall. I know nothing about the western part other than to make the ride up fish 'eyes one day just south of where the lake makes the western bend to Ear Falls.

Mark

We fished Lac Suel about 6 yrs ago (my how time flies) This trip actually got us started Musky fishing. We stayed at an outpost cabin at Pickerell Narrows which is as far NE as you can go, almost. We didn't fish for Musky but my son caught a 45" and 7 of the 8 of us had musky encounters. My buddy had a monster grab a walleye and actually got it to the boat and it let go. It was a 50"+ fish. 6 years and thousands of dollars later (in musky gear) we are going to take that trip again, this time targeting musky. It is definately a worthy trip. Hope you kill em.