www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Greg Hastings CPR

Default Greg Hastings CPR

I just want to say Incredible Job to Greg!I heard thru the grape vine about the great day you had on Alum that included a 47incher!No doubt it stinks that you didnt get a picture holding her but you saw her and measured her and did what it took to make sure she lives to fight again!She is alive nand heling because you chose to do the right thing you deserve angler of the year because of what you did!Ive raised a very very big fish a few times at the spring at Clearfork id rather not see Dee Dee at the boat ramp holding it up she knows that this fish is there set up right on top of me!Id like to see this fish stay in Clearfork but we cant control those that take em home! C.B

Thanks Coach! Nice compliment, same to everyone that heard.

Yeah, it was an unbelievable day on the water. Kinda humbling really.

I ended up with 11 in the net at Alum on the monday (I got 10 and a buddy of mine showed up in the evening and got his first 'skie, a 33.5"r). Pretty much a dream day. The next day, the tuesday, I didn't land my first till 4:30 pm. Back to reality...LoLLL.

About the 47, I had a camera in my boat with a timer, a fellow from my club that witnessed the catch was about 40 ft away when I measured it, but felt the need to get it down. Surface temp's were at 79, calm, muggy hot, had to cut the hooks (inhaled the 5 1/2" bait). So I was a little concerned for it.

She went down, but was back up on the surface within 1 minute. I drove the boat over to help, and when I got within 5 ft, she splashed with a huge tailkick. Made me smile! I had to give a 'victory yell' when she darted.

Beautiful fish, silver with an alburn/rust pattern of spots. I stuck around for a couple hours, so she did good!

See you out there Coach! Thanks again.

Greg.

Nice job greg! I'll get my boat cleaned out and get down to alum soon!