www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Geneva Fishing Report 6/21

1. Default Lake Geneva Fishing Report 6/21

6/21/2010 A.M. - Lake Geneva, sunny, 80 degrees, winds out of the SW at
    10 mph. Water temp 68 degrees. Today was a day of fun fishing with an old buddy. we only fished for three hours and found eight largemouth bass six keeper sized largest 17 inches an a bunch of rockbass, Fished split shot rigged nightcrawlers in 8-10 ft of water. Fished just east of the narrows, matag pt, military academy.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com

Default first time

I will be fishing lake geneva for the first time on 7/17/10, my first question is where is the public launch located 2nd is where can I get started looking for large mouth and maybe some northern.thanks

Default sorry

didn't realize i posted this directly to you wanted the main board, i understand this is your buisness

4. Default

If I'm fishing the west end I launch on the north west end at the Willams Bay or at Trinkies boat launch if I'll be fishing the east end for a beginner I try to break the water into fishable sections a Fishing Hots Spots Map has alot of useful information and current fishing technics.
    Where I like to fish depends alot on the current and past few days weather conditions and many other factors like wind speed, direction, and sun penitration. Largemouth bass can be caught on two patterns. In early morning and evening, the top water bite has been exceptional. Use chrome/blue or chrome/black Chug Bugs or Pop-R’s. The best location has been by Trinkes or in Williams Bay. Once the sun gets high in the sky, a lot of action has been coming off the deep weedlines in 18-22 ft of water. I will fish 4 inch worms either drop shotted or Carolina rigged.

Northern Pike are starting to move into the deep water. Currently they are right outside of the weedline in 27-30 ft of water. They can be caught on lindy rigged medium suckers. A quality fish locator is essential for this process. I will seldom fish for the pike unless I see them on my screen first. They aren’t schooled up like they will be in a couple weeks so you need to keep moving to find the active fish. Fontana Beach has been producing.

Smallmouth bass have moved deep. They are in 18-22 ft of water. Look for the fish by Elgin Club or by the Military Academy. The best presentation is drop shotting pearl and black Shad lures in a 2 inch size. This is the toughest time of the year to catch Smallmouth bass. Later in the year when they move deeper, they will school up on hard rock bottom. Don’t be too concerned about not being able to catch them right now, no one else is doing any better.
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com