www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thanks! Persistence Pay's off!

Default Thanks! Persistence Pay's off!

Paul-

By now you've heard the story and checked the results from the recent Minnesota Metro Muskie Tournament, but I wanted to post an additional thanks here. Long story short, in the first tournament I'd ever fished competing among about 550 boats on lakes all over the metro, I caught a 50"er - my personal best. My brother-in-law, who'd only been musky fishing about three times and hadn't yet caught one, got a 51"er. Double fifties! In a tournament! Out of
    approximately 60 fish registered, mine was good enough for 6th place, and my brother-in-law's took 5th. Not only was it my first tournament, but it was also my first fifty, so that was a fish I will NEVER forget!

But you know you won this tournament for us. I could not have been a part of any of this without all of your advice, patience, time on the water and just plain being a good guy to someone you didn't have to take the time with. I have learned so many things from you from fishing to life, that I cant explain it! All I know is it still feels like I should wake up from this dream - I'm still on Cloud 9! Thanks is an understatement.

I won a sweet prize package for my 6th place finish including: A trip to Duck Bay Camp on Lake of the Woods (American Plan, everything included, all expenses paid for two), 8' 6" Fenwick Big Bait rod, Abu Garcia 6500 reel, assortment of muskie baits, $25.00 Gander Card, and $100.00 Cash. My brother-in-law won a similar package for his 5th-place finish. But, it gets even better. There was also a Grand Prize drawing for every fish that's registered. You guessed it, I was lucky enough to be drawn for that too! So, I also won the following: 5 day, 4 night stay at Nielson's Fly-In Lodge on Rowan Lake, a Slammer Lure package of five lures, another 8' 6" Fenwick Rod Big Bait and another Abu Garcia Reel!

The coolest thing about this whole deal to me, is the feeling "persistence pays off" that I got after the day was over! All those hours and days on the water ... I may not be an Enduro- but I'm sure as hell gonna try!

- Jake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muskie Tourney 6.12.10 031.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	10215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muskie Tourney 6.12.10 009.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	10216  

congrats jake! those are some nice fish and those were some sweet prizes. you're right, persistence does pay off. so does listening to people like paul who have more knowledge and experience than we do in such matters. i, unfortunately have yet to apply anything i have learned yet this year. had back surg. the week before opener and doc said no casting big lures (problem), no catching big fish (not a problem ), and no bumpy boat rides for quite a while. oh well. soon i hope. congrats again and good luck the rest of the year.
    "I like big baits and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny......"

Nice pics of great fish Jake!! Way to go!!

Nice. I checked the results and it looks like you chose the right lake. Of course you had to find the right location and presentation once you got there too. Double fifties would be great even if you had the lake all to yourself but I'm sure you were battling a crowd. Congrats.

Sweet. It won't be hard to find a fishing partner I bet.