www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for June 23

Default Fishing Report for June 23

yesterday I guided up on the St. Louis River, fishing was slow, we moved 4 or 5 fish all in the low to mid 30 inch range on Spinnerbaits, A-P lures, and cowgirls, all in the harbor in cabbage. Pretty slow.

Had storms move through today, by round lake I only got about an inch or two of rain, but my dad down on lake winter got about 8 inches of rain last night and this morning! pretty crazy weather up here lately.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Yeah the river has sucked lately from all the rain and wind. Hopefully things will stabilize soon.

5 hours upriver yesterday (24th) and all I saw was one smallmouth that hit a ghosttail.

Default Coming Back From Leech

Tanner:

Considered a short trip on the the St. Louis on Thursday, but wasn't quite sure where to put the boat in... Can you help me to locate the launch or launches??? May be I saw you on Thursday, saw one boat on the east side of some pilings downstream of the 2 bridge (Bong) as I crossed around 2 p.m.

Mark

The free launch is under the Blatnik (high bridge). Loonsfoot is okay in east end Superior, but is a fee launch. Barkers Island is also a fee launch and pretty decent, although lacking in parking sometimes (in my opinion).

Boyscout off of Grand ave in gary new Duluth is probably one of the better ones for going upriver.

The Oliver launch and Clyde ave are kind of shallow.

JK:

Thanks for the help!!! I also have another friend who wants to get over to fish walleyes, so it helps me for two reasons.

Mark