www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Whom The Bell Tolls.......2010

Nice job Dick, Can't wait to see the pictures. I still think your fishin in my favorite spot though.

Tim,
    Actually haven't been but heard today that a guest went there and there were 2 boats in there.????
    Frank still out guiding and I'm taking Jake for a longggg ride early tomorrow so off to bed.Pics hopefully tomorrow now.I don't think he's guiding.

Frankie resized etc.Thanks Frankie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dick's Bell Two mmm001.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	10637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dick's Bell Two mmm002.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	10638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dick's Bell Twommm 003.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	10639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dick's Bell Twommm 004.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	10640  

Nice job Dick, can't wait to see the pictures. I still think your fishin in my favorite spot though. Any news how Darrin and Carol are doing.

Talked to them briefly on the dock today before heading to Youngs Bay.A few fish I believe with big sightings only.Think they just arrived though.
    Can't remember more 48s and 49s caught than today.Maybe three 49.5s before noon???Suspect more bell ringing tonight.Woke me up last nite.Rain,lightning and wind right now has many in camp this afternoon though.Hope to get out an hour or 2 this evening.

Dave's 50 1/2".

Name:	ccc100_0541%20-%20Copy.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	10658  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

My buddy Matt arrived.20 minutes into his trip he gets a decent one.20 minutes later as I'm in the process of losing one he gets a 50.
    He was very happy with me til I couldn't find my camera-which was on the counter at home after I had Frank download my pics.

Leave it to me to come up with the photo............

Name:	wwwEmail0019.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	10659  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Surely more like this Frank?

Who needs the "cropping" feature anyway????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Sheesh dick, this is getting a little unfair! Not only have I never caught a 50, but I have to sit at my desk and see pics of all these beautiful fish!!!!

I'll be up the week of Aug 16th, staying at youngs bay... you just let me know if you need net help or camera help. I think i'm pretty good at taking pics with the whole fish in them

Mr. Kelly,
    Now that was truly hilarious.

Mr. Pearson,
    At least you didn't knock it off with the net. Wait, for all intents and purpose is there a difference?

Paul & Marty with back to back biggies. On their last day mind you.

Name:	PK 002.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	10670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PK 001.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	10671  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Well we went out this morning.DING.DING.
    The camera gods got even with me a bit.Got a nice one and had the opportunity to get decent pics and the camera went dead(batteries).Here's mine.
    Then Matt scored again and new batteries worked well.Here's his.I kind of redeemed myself from last nite.Which is bigger?
    Mine by and inch and a half and a few pounds.Its all in the photos folks.
    I also got a 45 inch 'albino'that I'll post on later.Neat.White,small beady white eyes.
    Great Day!!!
    Good fishing!!!

Name:	matt musies 001.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	10668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	matt musies 005.JPG 
Views:	331 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	10672  

Tim G. and Bryan Bartz from earlier this season.

Name:	50.5 LOW 2010_1.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	10673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00353.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	10674  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Wow! Great job up there guys! Looks like everyone is having some great fishing these last couple of weeks. Dick, it looks like you have been on fire lately! Ruhmann told everyone at the meeting the other night the story about the morning you got the 3 over 50" and didn't know what to do with yourself. What a great problem to try and figure out, right! Congratulations guys! You're all living the dream right now!

Hey Dan,thanks.Its been quite a ride lately.We slept today,pigged out a bit,hired a local guide with a white Ranger,white motor,white hat,and black soul for a short evening trip.Out an hour or two and Matt got a beauty 49.I just can't keep up with the young guys anymore.Think I'm just around to net and tip the guides.
    Don't want to steal any thunder but lots of nice fish caught today!The Vets should be in for a treat if this continues.
    We are heading for Morson tomorrow to attend an event for Jack Burns and intend to fish a few of his favorite spots on the way to share some stories from the past.A long ride and a sad day I suppose but somehow comforting as well.
    Good fishing.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing about more great fish. I think I know what local guide you're talking about. He's pretty good despite the way that he flamboyantly matches his hat with the color of his boat! Keep it up guys!

Well Matt and I got up early and left for Morson to attend the Jack Burns memory get together.Very nice.Very touching.Very thought provoking.
    We intended to fish as many Jack spots as possible on the way and at the first spot I,with my lucky streak,got a nice one.So DING!
    We intend to get a photo of the fish and send it to Jacks wife with some of our mutual thoughts about Jack.
    After the get together and some reflection about concerns I've had I've decided this is my last Ding photo.
    Please note,this is a personal thing and has no reflection on pics,this thread,postings,whatever.
    Good fishing and 'DINGING' to all.
    Dick

Name:	jack fish resize.JPG 
Views:	344 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	10698  

I for one will miss your ding photos, but appreciate the effort it takes to get them if fishing solo. At least this final one is a beauty of a fish and holder looks relaxed and happy. Good work, Matt!
    But do keep us posted on those you are catching even without the photos, it keeps us dreaming about our next visit to LOTW.
    Cindy

Thanks Cindy.
    Ran into Butch Zens on the water this evening and he asked me to ring the bell for him so I did.He got a 51 today.Congrats Butch!
    He and Wendy are friends of Bay Store and have a friend ill back home in New Mexico so aren't spending much time here right now.

WOW, what a year. I've got 2 bell ringers in my boat this season. Bob Parzy with his personal "Best" a 50 1/4,his first over 50. And Perry Peterson with a monster 53"er. Not only his personal "Best" but my boat "Best" as well.
    As soon as I can figure out how to resize and attach the photos I'll post them.
    Can't wait till next week for the Vets.

Hi.I see this thread has been quiet lately.Not because of fish,just that all are so busy.Op M,guiding,the usual July chaos.
    I've caught another nice one and a few near misses as have a number of guests.
    I know of 2 recent dingers that will soon be posted I'm sure.Maybe more.Stay tuned.
    Good fishing.

Dick

Congratulations on a great season for you so far...as well as all the others ringing the bell! Keep up the good work and the posts of those catching. Everyone loves to hear about them. LOTW is putting out some beauties! Good luck the rest of the season.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.
    Hectic here now with Op M set up etc.Guides arriving and at least one caught a 50 today-so far.
    Will try post occ as Op M goes along.
    Off to bed.

Default A 50+. Hooray to the VETS!

We can't wait for pics. Hats off to all there that have served so graciously!

Endless thanks - it's our freedom that lets us be on the water with good fiends and family,

If it wasn't for them we'd never know what this is like to fish for muskies, or any species.

What else can I say other than "THANKS TO ALL VETS EVERYWHERE".

Bruce

Darren's & Mary's fish from last week.

Name:	DSC02764.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	10925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50%20Jul%2028%203.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	10926  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Way to quiet over here

Darren,
    I'm home getting goosed but heard there will be a new pic/post here soon.

Shhh still toooo quiet I am board. Can not wait tell Oct.

Darren,
    I'm still goosing but think more than one pic will show up soon-according to what a lil birdie told me.

Darren,
    I see a few pics still aren't up here yet.You'd think the owner and others like Lambeau that have all the computer skills could 'get er done' instead of picking on old retirees like me.
    What happened to the Op M 50s?They sure should be here.Heck even Wiegands blind,caged,diseased and dying 52 ought to be here.
    Sad in SoDak.

It's crazy is the guy who runs this place on vacation or something??? I heard Ken K got a good one & would like to see it & there where a couple of crazy guys that made lures at one point that where just up there I think. Where are the fishing reports .

Mr Pearson,

Another fish I caught was the dumb, blind and diseased muskie... not that monster I caught.

If I remember correctly, you wisely pointed out a very good fishing spot for me that paid off BIG time!

Are you inferring that you led me to one of your secret spots full of diseased and handicapped fish? Seems like I detect a trend in your spot selections. I don't recall that on your video... "look for the spots inhabited by disabled fish!"

My feeling are hurt. Please go to the attached link for the hurt feelings report report. I intend to file it promptly with the owners of Walsh's Bay Store Camp!

http://www.armywriter.com/DoD_FORM_IMT_WF11.pdf

i'll post a bunch of pics tonight!
    Last edited by lambeau; 08-26-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast