www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Whom The Bell Tolls.......2010

Default For Whom The Bell Tolls.......2010

Steve Earhart with the second 50 of the season. A 50 1/2".

Credit for the first one goes to Tim Grzybowski, but I still need to get his chip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bell Tolls xxx002.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	10192  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Frankie,
    have them bums call me. Super deal for Steve.... I envious.
    Greg

Frank,
    Please tell Tim G. contrats on being the first bell ringer of the season from his fishin buddies back home. I have access to that chip of Tim's, maybe we could negociate a little cabin rental time?

BKJ

Well my old eyes have required that I pull the measuring stick out three times in the last 3 days.None of the 3 quite 'measured up'.
    Today I was required to pull it out 3 times again.All 3 measured up.YES,all 3.
    SoING,DING,DING.
    First time in 40 years.Have had double 50s a couple times,have had 3 in my boat in one day one time,but never caught 3 myself before.Still shaking-off to bed,it's noon.

Thumbs up

Congratulations DP! That is one heck of an accomplishment! Thanks for posting about the boys. Sounds like the Flatties are in for a great week.

And you posted it by 12:30 ish, comon where's the pictures Congrats and it was the Minn. side correct. Because you can only do that in Minn. not Canada and you did it all before the sun come up. LOL
    Darren

Smile

WOW!!! Congrats, Dick! Yes, we want pictures.
    Cindy and Bill

Yeh,will get some pics up.The usual horrible self portrait deals-which I'm trying to quit doing but 'ego' got in the way again.Hopefully the 52 pics show up well-a truly beautiful fish!
    I didn't chance losing them with my skills and my new computer the Boss brought me so Frank downloaded them but they're still upside down etc so will try get him to post a few tomorrow when I get in.
    Tried to go out again and the ol body just lasted an hour.Rascal and I are staying in and pigging on chips and other assorted goodies that are 'no-nos' for me when a certain person is around.Did get a 24 hour reprieve so have tomorrow to fish as well-before the storm if the body permits.
    Darren,only one was early(about 5 AM),one was about 8:30 and the other about 11.None really correlated with anything except the 1st was close to sunrise.I lost another and caught a 36 incher mid morning as well.I'll double check camera times to be sure-I know Steve R checked those times on my camera closely when I showed him.Weather and water temps are the key I suspect.

Spectacular catch Mr P! Has Frank owned up to any yet this summer?

Not yet-but you never know.I know he has some big uns.

Done. For the photographically challenged..............

Name:	Bell Tolls Dick xxxx009.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	10524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bell Tolls Dickxxxx 006.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	10525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bell Tolls Dickxxxx 007.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	10526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bell Tolls Dickxxxx 008.jpg 
Views:	507 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	10527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bell Tolls Dickxxxx 010.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	10528  

Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Ok,I admit I'm photo challenged in many respects but even Frank couldn't make it work on my computer.He graciously agreed to go home and post these from his computer.
    Let me try make sense of these a bit.
    The first and last(sun faded one)are of a flat measured 52 that was heavy and gorgeous unlike the pics.A shame.
    The second pic,pre-sunrise pic,was the first of the day and about the heaviest proportionately but unfortunately that doesn't show.It was the only pic taken of that fish cause of set up time and delay.I'm bent down because I could see the camera/tripod was pointed low but was not going back to the net and starting over.
    The other 2 pics(blue Frabil shirt on)was the second of the day and just a nice 51-not overly heavy.
    I appologize for the pic quality but its what I have to deal with alone.Net the fish,secure the net,set up camera,hit 'timer',then have 10 seconds to get the fish out of the net and try get it in view before the camera goes off.Too hard on the fish,have to quit doing this.

Default Wow...

Amazing! Congrats Dick, that is incredible!

Either of the Iowa boys, or team fishwizard rung the bell yet?

Thanks Jamie.My pics are a shame but....The 52 was truly perfect.the 51 had about the biggest head I've seen on anything under 53-54 yet none of this shows.A shame.
    I think all of them are doing pretty well but no 'ringers' yet.Will try find out for you.

Talking

Congratulations Dick, awesome fish. I have one question, have you been fishin in my favorite spot again. I only know one spot that produces fish like that.

Tim,
    Ha,good one.Haven't been there in a long time but bet plenty of your friends have-or are there right now minutes before the storm hits.Wish I was there right now!

Great to see the pictures even if we have to use our imaginations and read the descriptions that explain them. I'm totally impressed that you can use a tripod and timer. I'm still working on getting something to post on the website from my computer. Maybe we have the same computer issues. Frank's trying to give me instructions, but I don't have time to play with it tonight.
    Cindy

Congrats Dick

As I sit here at work getting agrivated by 7:30A.M. already and await my trip leaving to the Baystore in 9 days I can imagine what that would be like to be able to accomplish somethinbg like that some day. That is truely awesome! Now you have to try for 4. Hopefully we'll see you up there the 24th- 31st

Rocco Bratta
    ROCCO BRATTA

Default Unbelievable

Congrats Dick

I can't Imagine catching 2 50's in a day never mind 3 in a morning. WOW.
    Great job in getting all 3 in the net by yourself.

Andrew

Good Looking Fish Dick, is that a black pom-pom in the first pic? You doing dance's for your muskies these days?

I hope I have 1/3 the luck you did when i get up there mid-august. I've been coming up to the angle from indiana every year since I spent a summer working at Northwest Angle Resort back in 2000. Biggest to date is 47, but i'm gonna try to talk my dad into doing more muskie fiishing this year instead of walleyes.

Keep catching'em, but save atleast one for me!

Thanks guys.J I dance or do whatever it takes.
    Andrew,you bring up a good point on the net.I've lost plenty trying-fish and nets.See the DVD.
    I'm heading out for home in a few minutes but god willing Rocco I'll be here when you arrive.
    Good fishing all!

Default Congrats!

Way to go Dick! I'd like to volunteer to be your photographer--what a thrill it would be! What a MORNING of fishing! Maybe the muskies will get a rest now that your heading to SD for a few days!

Lisa,
    Congrats on your great fish.I need a photograher for sure.Right now I need a hay baler to do our lawn at home though.

Thumbs up

Congrats to Jerry Oestreich (Flatlander) on his new PB . . . 51 1/16"
    He and his partner Wally Haas are having a great trip!

Nice job on the bell ringer Jerry. You still have time brake your PB before you come home. Flatlanders are havin a good trip, nice job guys.

Go Jerry Go Jerry Go Jerry!

Default Jerry Oestrich's 51-inch beauty

I hope this works. I haven't uploaded images to this site yet.

Name:	jerry51.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	10593  

You mean 51 1/16". Don't you????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Smile Yes, 51 1/16

You're right, Frank. The fish was longer than 51. It was a thrill to net that monster. I hope I get more chances to net (and catch) fish that big next year.

Smile Yes, 51 1/16

You're right, Frank. The fish stretched past the 51-inch mark. I hope I get a chance to net (and catch) fish that big next year.

I hope Jerry get's that chance to net the big one!
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

The bad news?Lost what would have been my PB hybrid this morning.One of those half in/-half/out net deals.

The good news?DING tonight.

Smile

Dick, if you ever need a netman, Jerry O can vouch for me.

Scoop,
    We should do it sometime.I'll net,you fish.
    Crazy year but DING again.A big one-about 7:40 this AM.
    I have the usual pics but on the one last nite Frank said I was getting better.Hopefully the same on the one this morning.He's guiding today so not around to download the pics.Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
    Not feeling too well so came in and going to bed.LOTS of fish caught yesterday I just heard including a 49.5 by Normie Wild.Tyler Scott had about 4 including a 47.

Any beaver action for the Normster yet?

ahem...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast