www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: NW Wisconsin Adventure

Default NW Wisconsin Adventure

Here's my story of our June trip up to Bayfield County. Left early in the morning on Saturday. Made it 162 miles to DeForest (just north of Madison) when my trans over heated. Pulled off at a truck stop to notice trans fluid every where. Called a trans place to come and tow the explorer to the shop. So the family had a nice breakfast while I went with the truck and plan my next move. Called papa and mama Husker to come and get the kids and wife. My awesome neighbor (Big Tom) came up to tow the boat back. So the trans service cost me 250.00 including the tow. The explorer surprisingly made the trip back home. So we get home and my daughter and I hit the dealer to find our new truck. We found it! Couldn't get it that night since we got there with only 15 minutes before they closed. They were nice enough to let me test drive it. So on Monday I picked up my new baby.An Eddie Bauer Expedition. I love it!!!! So we headed back up and only lost 2 days. Not bad considering.
    OK, now on to fishing. Fishing wasn't bad considering the bass were post spawn, the water temps dropped from 69 to 63, and it rained 3 of the 6 days we were up there. Bass were hitting on PoorBoy Erie Darters, Senkos, and Slider worms along shoreline cover and X-Raps for suspended bass. Walleye were good on leeches along deep weedlines. It was still great to get up there, especially in one piece.
    We had a bear and her cubs come to the cabin everyday, so my wife took some really cool pictures.

When we got home late Sunday night, we found out that our black lab went missing for 3 1/2 days. Luckily he stayed in the subdivision and was found with not a scratch on him. Like I said, quite the adventure. Here are some pics.

"Tame that water and remember to practice CPR!"
    Water Werks Fishing Team Member
    Go Big Red!

What ,, no pic of the new ride !!!
    Glad everything worked out for ya Buddy !!
    'LIL PIGGY MUSKY BAITS ,,"STICK A PIG"

Nope. You will have to wait to see her!
    "Tame that water and remember to practice CPR!"
    Water Werks Fishing Team Member
    Go Big Red!