www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Slammer-Deep Minnow!

Default Slammer-Deep Minnow!

I just wanted to share my story from a recent tournament and thank you for making such awesome baits.

I recently fished in the Minnesota Metro Muskie Tournament, the first tournament I'd ever fished. Competing among about 550 boats on lakes all over the metro, I caught a 50"er - my personal best. Out of approximately 60 fish registered, mine was good enough for 6th place. Not only was it my first tournament, but it was also my first fifty, so that was a very special fish! The fish was taken trolling a Slammer 10" Deep Minnow.

Slammers had become some of my favorite lures even before the tournament. I first started using Slammers after fishing with Paul Schlagel (Enduro Guide Service) on Mille Lacs. Paul said 10" Deep Minnows were his "go to" trolling baits and he never trolled without a couple in the spread, and he liked the twitchers, too. The 10" Deep Minnow has been my favorite trolling lure for the past couple seasons, and I've caught muskies with it on many Minnesota lakes. I also like the 8" and 10" Slammers for casting. I use them as a twitcher and work them in any situation I used to use jerk baits. Those baits have pretty much eliminated dive-and-rise style jerkbaits in my boat.

With the Slammer 10" Deep Minnow, I won a sweet prize package for my 6th place finish including: A trip to Duck Bay Camp on Lake of the Woods (American Plan, everything included, all expenses paid for two), 8' 6" Fenwick Big Bait rod, Abu Garcia 6500 reel, assortment of muskie baits, $25.00 Gander Card, and $100.00 Cash. But,it gets even better. There was also a Grand Prize drawing for every fish that's registered. You guessed it, I was lucky enough to be drawn for that too! So, I can also thank Slammer for the following: 5 day, 4 night stay at Nielson's Fly-In Lodge on Rowan Lake, a Slammer Lure package of five lures, another 8' 6" Fenwick Rod Big Bait and another Abu Garcia Reel!

This is getting long, but I wanted to share the unbelievable experience I had with a Slammer and praise Slammer for making great lures. Believe me - first tournament, first fifty, and fantastic prizes - I'm on Cloud 9. Thanks much.

- Jake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muskie Tourney 6.12.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	10182