www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishin for smallies

Default Fishin for smallies

Hey everyone. We normally take a trip up there during smallie season in June. We stay on Lake Bastine at Tom McMahon's place. Anyway, I wasn't able to go this year but the guys are telling me the fishing is hard going right now. Now, they mostly use live bait (minnows, crawlers, leeches) on bobbers. These aren't the type of guys to use artificial. I'm not sure why but they just don't. Any tips on where to catch some smallies on the Flowage with live bait? They're really struggling this year. This is our 3rd year going up there so we're still learning the lake. We were previously at Butternut Lake (the smaller one near Eagle River. not the bigger one) and they had been going there for 20+ years so they knew that lake like the back of their hand. So any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated! I'd like to give them some pointers so they can actually catch some nice fish up there this year.

Default I would say

Fish anywhere but in lake bastine. And read all the posts under "recent fish pics"

yeah we really don't stay in Lake Bastine much. We've been up to pink rock and had some luck there. Went across the big water into the crow's nest I believe and had some ok luck there. And then some random spots here or there.

So someone went to the guys up there and mentioned to them about me not coming up this year. I'm assuming it was someone on here. My grandpa was pretty surprised by it. lol Just curious who it was. Were you staying at the other cabin Tom owns there? I'll be back next year if you're there.

Default It was me.

Quote Originally Posted by RinCincinnati View Post
    So someone went to the guys up there and mentioned to them about me not coming up this year. I'm assuming it was someone on here. My grandpa was pretty surprised by it. lol Just curious who it was. Were you staying at the other cabin Tom owns there? I'll be back next year if you're there.
    I have a place a couple of doors down from Tom's. Good chance I'll see your group next year.

Take care and good luck
    John