www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water Levels

Question Water Levels

I was wondering what the water level is for Wilson Flowage on the west side of Phillips. I've heard it called Wilson Flowage, Wilson Lake, etc. Hopefully, I have it right.

Thanks, Mike T

The water is high for this time of year but should be returning to normal this week.
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

Default water level

Thanks for the information.

Mike T.

Default Minor Flooding

Update on water levels, With almost 6" of rain Wed there is a lot of minor flooding in the Phillips Area, The bridge by Musser Dam is underwater and a few roadways are washed out or flooded. Most boats can't get into lake Duroy because of the high water levels. The floating part of the dock at the Elk Lake boat landing is the only part of the dock that is not underwater. NOAA forcasting 2 to 4 more inches of rain posiable for Friday and Friday night.

Fishermen are still getting out on Long, Elk, Wilson, Solberg and Musser but there are some very High Current areas that fishermen should be looking out for and take extra care when in those areas that seem to have a lot of water moving thru.
    John Carlson

Default Flambeau up by 9 Mile tavern

Hi John
    have you been up there lately? wondering what the riv is doing? sounds like you are getting much needed rain which is very good. I drove by there opener weekend and it looked very, very low.

We have too much rain now, 11 inches in 3 days. I was on Smith last week and it was high then not really sure what it looks like now, I drove over the south fork last night. It's at least 6 feet high. I fished Connors and the dock is 6" under the water. The Elk river was level with CTY HWY W around Flemmings Rapids Road. Looks like some more rain on the way to top it off.
    John Carlson

I'll stop by your shop on my way up. Fishing the N Fork 7/15 to 7/18.
    thanks for the info.

St. Croix Kid:

Went by 9 MIle and was thinking of you on Thursday. We moved our July trip to June this year and went to Leech. Still took the same route past Hayward and then ran up 53 to Duluth. On the back it was the first time in a long time that I didn't see any rocks on the east fork of the Chippewa east of the flowage. Small rivers to the east of there were out of their banks. The Flambeau at Oxbow looked really good, it didn't appear to be running too fast, but I am sure it is running faster than it has in some time. All I know for now, good luck on your trip!!!

Mark

Great news. Thanks Mark. We've dealt with pretty low water the last 5 years or so. This will be a welcome change!

The North Fork above the forks is running at spring time levels. The South Fork is still over the banks. Most of the Flowages in the area are back to normal water levels with a lot of water running thru them. The natural lakes like Connors, Dardis, and others are still over their banks.
    John Carlson