www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report

Default Fishing Report

Well to piggy back off what Rick has stated about the fishing in the area it is all very well said about the hatches and minnows everywhere. There is an abundance of food on the Three Lakes/Eagle River chains and surrounding area lakes. Fish are still catchable it is just a bit more work in getting the bait in front of their faces and then get them to eat it. Walleyes on the chains have been in right on the deep weed edges or have been really shallow in the muddy stumpy bay where the mayflys like to hatch. So shallow that I have to tilt the motor up and run the vantage half way down so I don't bump the stumps and chase them out. These fish have been taking leeches, small crappie minnows and some on a half of crawler on a 32 oz jig. The chain fish don’t want anything big. I have caught mix bags of fish on the chains of perch, walleye, crappies and pike. On some deeper waters I have found fish on deep weed edges 13-17 feet and I am fishing these fish will 1/16 oz jigs and minnows/leeches. I too have also found fish out over the open water in the bigger lakes where swimming the jigs can be effective. There is a bait line it seems on all the lakes and swimming jigs and minnows at these bait lines can be effective just a bit more tricky to do. I use a 1/8 oz jig for long casts and count to 10 if I want about ten feet down and then swim the jig back and be ready to set the hook at anything that the jig touches as it most likely a fish, we do miss a lot of fish doing this but some of the bigger fish have come this way in the last few days. Good luck and tight lines fishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tom & Ryan.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	10091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	John & Matt.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	10092  
    Jason Pertile Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.pertileguideservice.com