www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Minn-Kota Shaft Sleeve Knob

Default Minn-Kota Shaft Sleeve Knob

The knob that tightens the sleeve on the shaft of my Terrova trolling motor is stripped (picture attached). Has anyone else had this problem and found a replacement knob that has a more durable design? I can't get the sleeve tight enough to support the motor so the shaft is all the way down and makes it impossible to use in shallow water. Pressing a plastic knob on the steel threaded shaft doesn't seem like the best design. Granted, I probably cranked it a bit more than I needed to, but now that its stripped, its pretty much non functioning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5116 (Small).JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	10080  

Default minn-kota shaft sleeve knob

drill a 1/8th " hole through both pieces and insert a 1/8th " drift pin through it. hardware or auto parts stores should have the drift pins.

Default stripped knob

rockler has a good selection of these type of knobs at pretty good prices and a great web site:
    http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView....plastic%20knob

there is quite a selection so you should find some that fit and they are not near as expensive as they would with the minnekota name.

When mine cracked the other day. I went to scheels in Eau Claire and they had that part in stock(in there service department). it took a few mins to swap it out. it costed about 10 bucks for the new part.
    hope this helps. if nothing else i have the screw parts from my old one that is no good to me any more if your intrested in them at all i could send them your way.

-Kyle