My boys John and Matt and I hit the lake today and had an exciting day on the water! Major post frontal conditions greeted us this morning with howling southwest winds, bluebird skies, and high pressure. Even though the weather was less than desirable, the muskies were active. We had seven follows up to forty-five inches, and John hooked a nice fish around forty-two inches on a Manta, and unfortunately lost it close to the boat on a jump. The strike was incredible, as half of the musky came out of the water on John's second twitch of the lure and the fight was on! I had a high thirties to forty incher hit my Titan Tube by Musky Innovations and leave some gash marks in it, and then insult me further by following it right to the boat! Our last follow of the day, a fat forty-five incher, came up on a Cowgirl (John's) and she gave us a great look at her before she swam off.

Though we didn't boat any fish, we had a great time battling the winds and moving muskies. More to come tomorrow. Man, wouldn't it be nice to get some STEADY weather patterns sometime soon????