www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: muskie

Default muskie

hi anyone muskie fishing? going to leech on the 19th. last year saw two good fish but to turn late at boat. we fish big pipe and pelican and back side bear. thanks

I havnt done any muskie fishing yet, but I will the first week of July when im back up. From what I here, the walleye community is taking a beating by the muskies. maby this is the case every year but Ive never really heard of multiple cases before. Ive read alot of reports of muskies following up walleys to the boat and alot of walleyes being caught with teeth marks and wounds which I can only assume would be from muskies. I even heard of an angler getting a 24" eye to the side of the boat and having a ski take a swipe at it but missing.
    I know what type and color of bait Ill be using come July!

good luck

I was out Sunday for several hours. Saw one and caught a 40ish inch fish on one of the new Slammer 7 inch twitch baits. This was in the Two Points area. Weeds are roughly the same as last year in this location. Good luck.

Default Muskies

Lost a very nice fish on the rocks the other night. Need water temps to warm up a bit. I am looking forward to a good bite if the water warms this year. Also caught a 28 inch walleye on a 10 inch Jake, fish ate the bait from the front so it was not a fluke.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Guys:

Fishing the 19-24 hoping to get some 'eyes and skies. I have heard of a few rock fish which Murph just confirmed. I got to believe that fish are a little further along with the earlier spring this year. This being my first trip to Leech, I have a little bit of a head start as my partner has fished with Mr. Murphy's guide mate from Brindlay's, Ted Gwinn twice in the past. Their trip was little bit later, but we have a decent couple of spots that are rock and weed spots to start with.

We will probably start with weeds first to see if any fish are working, then check out some rocks as well, looking to see if we can find weeds on parts of those rocks and see what type of pattern may develop. Topwaters, bucktails and twitch baits have been working well here in WI and I am planning to start fishing as such with the faster baits and turning the trolling motor on a decent speed to see if we can't locate some fish to go back on.

Also planning on catching some 'eyes and if we can get on some decent fish, trying to stay with them during the trip. Everyone travel and fish/boat safe and look forward to your reports on the backside.

Mar k