Well the last week and a half have seen the water temps go from the mid 70's down to the low to mid 60's. Add the hatching of may flies on many area lakes and things have gotten a bit tougher. The walleyes have been in the mud and weed edges. The bite has been tough but with persistance we are still catching fish. I have seen crawlers move to the bait of choice over the last week. A simple 1/2 a crawler on a jig has been producing fish. When you contact them you have to be patient and work the area slowly. I have been using a slip bobber with leech combo while I pick the area with the jig and crawler. Muskies are beginning to move better. We are not seeing the big fish very consistantly yet. I have head of a 48" caught last week on an area lake. We are getting action from 34" to 40" class fish. On Monday we were guiding for a group and boated 5 muskies ranging from 34 - 38". We saw several others. Bucktails, topwater and jerkbaits were producing the best. Look for smallies up top with chug bugs early and late in the day. Cranks and tubes during the middle of the day have been working as well. Panfish are using the cabbage weed edges and has been a pretty consistant bite.
I look for this weekends action to pick up. We are expecting weather in the 80's through Sunday.

Good Fishing,