www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trophy Musky Action - 6/15 Report

Default Trophy Musky Action - 6/15 Report

Musky fishing in the Three Lakes and Eagle River area has been absolutely phenomenal over the last week! We have had awesome action from numbers of good size fish including some true trophies. The largest of the week was a giant 48 inch hybrid “tiger” muskie with an impressive 23 inch girth. It was a stunningly beautiful and immensely thick fish that did not have a scratch on her and she was released to fight another day! We also caught 45, 39, 37 (also a tiger) and 34.5 inch muskies as well as a pair of 33 inchers. Water surface temps have been in the mid to upper 60’s. Weather has been overcast and cool with intermittent rain showers and thunder storms moving through the area. Winds have been predominantly out of the NE at 5-10 mph. It is tough to say what the best style of lure has been but the key has been using bright colors. Bucktails, topwaters, bull dawgs, spinners and small crankbaits have all been producing fish. The weed bite has been very consistent with the low light conditions we have had.

The walleye action has slowed a little with the mayfly hatches going on which vary greatly in severity depending on the body of water. The best action has come on a 1/16th oz jig tipped with either a fathead minnow or a leech. Work this presentation in or along the edges of weed cover. If you can find good weeds with a gravel or rock bottom you should find the action to be even better! We have been catching lots of fish up to 20 inches long. Smallmouth bass action has been good too. Working crawfish imitation plastics along rocky structure in depths of 3 to 15 feet of water has been producing well.

Good luck and fish hard!

Chas Martin
    http://www.muskymastery.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48tiger-web2.JPG 
Views:	530 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	10026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48tiger-web3.JPG 
Views:	352 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	10027  
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com

Default Beautiful Fish

Chas,
    Congratulations!!! That is one of the most beautiful muskies I've seen. Great photo. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations Chas!

What an awesome fish!!!

Mr Musky

Jeez, Chas---Awesome fish! Should I come up this weekend? You have an Opening?

Ron

Thanks guys!!! We got the photo shoot and release of the tiger on video and I seriously can't stop watching it!!! The musky action over the last week has been absolutely incredible. I was guiding this morning for a half day and we got another 36 incher along with a few follows. (Congratulations Jim!!!) It just does not get any better! Heavy rain last night...water temps still in the 63-65 degree range but the fishing has been consistent.

Ron - I have the WMT Three Lakes tournament scheduled for this weekend. What are your plans for the coming weeks? Shoot me an email or give a call and we can talk. Looking forward to it!!

I'll keep the reports coming and I hope they have been helpful you guys as you are planning your fishing trips to the Eagle River area.

Good luck and fish hard!

Chas Martin
    http://www.muskymastery.com
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com

Can you post that video up somewhere? YouTube? I'll have to post up a vid of my dad's 38 incher from 2 weekends ago...

Chas,

Congratulations on a beautiful fish! Looks very similar to the one I released a few years back!!
    Attached Images Attached Images