www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 4th of july weekend at Kinzoo

Default 4th of july weekend at Kinzoo

I will have friday till teusday off 4th of July weekend. Thinking about spending 3 days at Kinzua for my 40 plus pounder. Does anyone know if it is crazy there that weekend or could I count on it being fishable? Going to concentrate my efforts everything south of Hopewell campground.

It definitely gets busy over the 4th. Your best bets are to fish very early in the morning, really late into the evening or just do the night gig.

There are many other lakes that will be much tougher to fish than Kinzua that weekend. Just go and do it as long as you have a big enough boat to cut through the chop.

Heck, the wave action might even help your chances of sticking a fish or two.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Thats what I was thinking red. Chaut. is out for the 4th. Lake arthur will have to many sailboaters and pleasure boaters. Pymie would be the same. I will just stick it out again like last year. Troll 6 am till 8 pm for the 3 days. Hopefully something more to show than last year when my father and I spent 4 - 14 hour days there. I got a snag in sugar bay the 2nd day which was the most excitment we had. Maybe will think about doing the 7 pm till 9 am deal. Thanks.

Sometime you need to run shallow on purpose to hear a reel sing there!!!

HA HA!!

is casting even an option at kinzua? i have never fished there from a boat....i know everyone i talk to trolls and the water is super deep.

I've had follows there casting and have seen fish while casting but just haven't connected. I normally end up with pike or large walleyes the few times I have casted it. Lots of hours of chuckin' to find a fish.

I normally troll it if I'm going to fish it.