www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bass Lake Muskies!

Default Bass Lake Muskies!

This is a 35" er that I caught on May 22 on a chart/black back Krave. I was casting out and ripping and twitching on the retrieve, had a sudden quick stop then nothing, thought it was a weed, so I lazily finished the retrieve, when I was almost back to the boat I did a half lazy 8 and when my lure was just leaving the water here he comes! So I yelled to my buddies throw something in the water!, the one in the back of the boat started circle O's so I slam the Krave back in the water, BOOM he Crushed it! This is the second muskie I have caught slamming a lure back in the water! I also brought to the boat two mid 40's fish Sun. (First one on a Shadillac sucker pattern, second on a Strike King Muskie bass style spinnerbait with a #12 colorado blade) within a couple of hours. Thanks to a great job with our DNR and the fishery there! You should plan a trip this fall to the Dugger Unit there are four lakes now to fish muskies! I'll be back in the fall!

Sorry having trouble with the size, this is a new computer I'll get help from the kids! LOL! then repost the pic!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddy_muskie_100522_00002.jpg 
Views:	677 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	10017  
    Last edited by Ifishtolive; 06-16-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added info

Smile

There are some nice fish in there, I'm trying to go next month and in December if it's open! Dave I'll p.m. you with some more info!

Buddy Ellenburg

I live down this way and fish there off and on. It is turning over right now. Lots of weeds floating loose all over and the water is pea green. Fished there this past Thursday. I didn't see anything, but I guy I spoke to had one follow. The shad were stacked up in the deep water. Tried jigging and trolling with no luck, and then hit some of the trees and weed covered ridges too. Always fun over there but can be a challenge with all the standing timber. Good luck if you come down.

Thanks for the update! I was supposed to go the 28th & 29th of Oct. but that fell through. It's looking like December if it's not froze up. If not I'll be there next spring!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!

Was the Shadillac you were using the "white sucker" color? Also, does that lure sink or float? The action of it in the video is really cool.

Wink

It was the white belly/black-gold back. The ones I have were first generation from the Chicago show last year they sink. Though I would like to get a floating and wieght it to suspend, that would be interesting. I am hoping to pick up a couple more this winter! It's nice that they do not tear, If I make it out before ice up I want to try jigging them, like a dying shad.

Buddy Ellenburg

Thanks. Supposed to be in the 60s and rain down here Monday. Then snow is possible on Thanksgiving. hard to say about ice up down here. There is a video you moght want to check out if you havent already seen it. It is some guys from southern Indiana muskie fishing on Bass lake in winter. they are jigging a Fuzzy Duzzit and catching some. It is on You Tube under Southern Indiana Musky.

Does anyone know what year they started stocking muskie in Bass Lake was? Just trying to figure out the size potential in the lake.

They have been stocked at five fish per acre since '97or '98. The 2007 or 2008 survey caught 68 muskies and the sizes averaged from around 34"-44". If you go to our Hoosier Muskie Hunter site and look in the archives the last survey is posted. There are some nice fish there. If you live down that way you should also give Waveland lake a try. Those muskies should be reaching 34-36".

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!