www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Update 6-15-10

Default Fishing Update 6-15-10

Sorry for not posting anything lately been super busy. Here we go..

Fished last Tuesday thru Friday seeing at least 6 fish a day up to 13 on Friday all on rubber on weed edges. I ended up with 4 fish all together between Medussa, and Bull Dawg. Once again it seems anything with a Chart tail is the ticket for me. I have thrown black, white, etc.. but the Chart is the best one for me. The bite seems to be early and late. All my biters have came in the first 2 hours with follows after that. Friday was the exception with a bite at 3:00 but it was raining all day off and on. The water temps was upper 70's with clarity being pretty clear in most spots. Flats was a little merky due to all the traffic. Heading out today for the next few days so I will post more though the week. The next couple of days calling for rain storms should be good fishing through this stuff.

I have not just been reeling the bait in we can't move a fish just reeling it. I have been fishing it like Jerk Bait pull and reel I mix it up pulling two or three times in row. Do your own thing!!

Stop in check things out. We will be leaving for the PMTT next Tuesday. Great event and great tourney should check it out. Open to the public.. Eagle River WI
    Crash's Landing Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
    Justin Mullins

Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com

Default Thanks

Just like to extend my thanks for sharing fishing reports with all of us. I know that you dont have to do it but you do take time out of your day to share what that bite is like with all of us. Appreciate it!
    When life hands you lemons, squeeze em in someones eyes and get your butt out of there!

Me to! Keep up the great work. I love it when a guide who gets to fish everyday, shares with us what is working and when. Thanks!

Hey guys

You both are welcome. I try to post as much as i can sometimes I just run out of time.

Yesterday I split my day up from 5:40 to 11:00 we saw 8 total and caught 1 around 9:00 about 31" on a Medussa this one actually came on black. That was the only fish moved on that color the rest came on the Chart. color. Went back last night just in front of the storms and we moved 5 more with another low 30's in the boat on a black Medussa again and just like earlier the only fish moved on that color the rest came on Chart. we should have had 3 in boat last night we had 2 more almost hit both of them around 36". I'm not seeing any big fish most of the fish are 30-40 last week I was moving a few fish over 40 and we ended up with 3 of them. Today should be pretty good with the rain staying around and clouds. It should make for a pretty good morning Thursday to but after we will just have to wait and see. Yesterday was the same pattern as before weed edges I keep my boat off the weeds usually the boat is in 10-15 feet of water throwing to 6-10 foot weeds. A lot of bait out around the flats right now they have been there for over a week. They are close to the weed edges I don't see a lot way out yet in the trolling route. Once these storms leave us which probably will be next week I would say the trolling bite will start for me.

Good luck make sure you stop in the shop.. See you on the water..
    Justin Mullins

Arent the water temps gettin to warm for safe fishing? Been about 90 air temp everyday and the next 15 days more of the same

Musky Man

It is still safe right now. If it wasn't I would not be there at all. We have had pop up storms everday and the air temps from 85 to about 65-70 everytime so that helps. We will have about another week if it keeps going like it is because the pop up storms are not in the future forecast at all coming up. When I start in the mornings the water temps so far have been 78-80
    Justin Mullins