www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June fishing report

Default June fishing report

Today I had a guide trip over in Oshkosh on Lake Winnebago. We had a fun day of fishing with a bunch of largemouth bass and bullgills. One of the reasons I made the trip to Winnebago it was close and the river was muddy. I am glad I made the change. I love living over here. We can fish all of the lake and catch fish on all of them.

For the fishing on the river the catfish bite is still good. It is hard to fish with stink bait right now because of the current. I switched over to cut bait. I do cheat with dipping the cut bait into the stink bait.

Northern fishing is still good. The river is still full of northern so give it a try.

Walleye up by the rock in town. Last week I did make one drift and caught one fish around 17 inches.

Gook luck to all and enjoy the fight.
    Wolf River Outfitters
    Louis Woods

Web Site: http://www.fishwolfriver.com

Smile perch

How is the perch population/sizes in the system? Know of any good starting spots? Also- do you guys ever get perch in the river? Thanks!!

Default Perch

I really don't know the answer to the question on Winnebago. I do fish them out there and I alway start at black bird reef and I work my way to Neenah. I put in on A at the park and head straight out.

For the river I do find them on the river in the spring. I normally find good numbers in the bays in the summer. Normal I am pike fishing if the pike are there the perch will be there also. That is how I find them. Start with pike and after I find them I will come back with light gear and fish for perch. You will catch a bunch of small one but there is nice one if you have time to weed them out.

I hope this helps you out.
    Wolf River Outfitters
    Louis Woods

Web Site: http://www.fishwolfriver.com

thank you! I also really enjoy the youtube vids.