www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: June trip

Default June trip

I guess I'll have to be the first report of the year. First of all, what makes a great vacation? Evidently my priorities have changed over the years and while I enjoy the fishing, the fact that nothing broke down and no one was injured makes the trip a success. I did spend all week trying to find larger walleyes but with the constant cold fronts , wind, and rain it was a struggle. I could catch fish every where I tried but the size was to say the least disappointing. We did finally locate some nicer fish on a rock reef near Knoche Island. Still not the hogs but respectable up to 19". As usual with the water temperature at 66 degrees I used leeches and Lindy rigs on reefs from 12' to 25' deep and the 13 to 15 inch walleyes were everywhere. The same results dragging crawlers. The rumor has it that the larger fish were active in the weeds and that crank baits were the ticket. With more stable conditions the fish will become more and more active and move more to their summer patterns on the rocks.
    Thanks to Brian and Kathy for making my wife and I feel more like old friends than one time a year visitor. They are the best and C/H is as always the best in the area.

Cross some Eyes
    Dick

What lake is this on?