www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report

Default Fishing Report

Hey everyone, the musky fishing on Vermilion this past weekend wasn't to bad. I got out Saturday afternoon and fished till dark. We saw two fish that were around 40 inches. Sunday we went out and fished for about 4 hours only but we saw 6 fish and had one fish blow up on a top raider. Monday i had Mark and Jeff from Indiana out. We started our day at 6:30am. Jeff was throwing a top raider and had a follow the first half hour, again it was a 40 inch fish. We had two follow in the weeds then moved out to fish some rocks. We were casting bucktails and had two more follows but couldn't get them to commit. We fished for about 9 hours and had six follows and caught a couple of northerns. Opening weekend i was on the Rainy River fishing for Sturgeon. We caught and released 10 sturgeon and six walleyes that day. Six of the Sturgeon were over fifty inches with a 58 incher being the biggest. We had a great spring Sturgeon fishing. I caught and released a 60 incher with a 32 inch girth. According to the DNR weight chart it weighed 87 pounds. My wife Tammy caught her first Sturgeon over 50 inches. It was a nice 53 incher and she caught it on mothers day. Well that's it for now, i'll catch ya later. If you have any questions or would like to book a trip give me a call at 218-780-2615. Thanks. John.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JP_ST_60x32.JPG 
Views:	366 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	9953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tammys_53.5_in_5-9-10.JPG 
Views:	372 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	9954  
    Reel Time Guide Service
    John Petruska

Web Site: http://www.reeltimeguiding.com