www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: West Branch Susky Musky Guides

Default West Branch Susky Musky Guides

I'm going to be in Lewisburg, PA (right off I-80) on Friday and will have a good half-day free to go fishing. Anybody know of any musky guides on the west branch? My rig will be getting worked on at Robbins Marine, so I will be without floatation. I can't drive that far and just stare at the river for a half-day without fishing it.

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

IMO, you are going to be too far North of Harrisburg to find anyone. Maybe just get a very local smallmouth guide to take you out cuz those guys are always hooking into accidental muskies. Plus, he might know some musky areas or possibly chase them himself.

Beats the heck out of "river staring" for 4-5 hours.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

you can try Ken Maure at southside tackle in sunbury he guides up both branches from the confluence.

Thanks guys. I found Ken's phone number. I also emailed a smallmouth guide from Selinsgrove who looks like he's fished the river for a good 50 years. Things are looking up.

Plan B - drive down to the Bass Pro Shops in Harrisburg. Too bad they don't have a bar like the one in Richmond. That place is SWEET.

Hey Steve, how are things going?? Been fishing much?? I hope things are going well for you.

I did not realize Ken guided that far North. Thanks for bailing me out.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Not really catching alot,Red,but I sure am seeing some big fish when I do get out.The big fish that I have seen were on ''local'' lakes down here,not on the susky.

Ken knows the river and the muskies in it very well. The fishing on the west branch has been hot the last two weeks. Good luck

Thanks for the info. I'm going to call him as soon as I know what day I'm going. I thought I was going this Friday to pick up my new rig, but they had the wrong trailer with the boat and I have to wait for the new one. How the hell does that happen anyway?? Apparently they purchase the boats and trailers from different sources.

If you are picking your new rig up on a weekend I can take you out and show you around. My boat isn't big enough for 2 people plus gear, so we would have to take yours. Let me know if you're interested.

Smile

Hey Mike, don't feel bad the same thing happen to me years back. I bought a new Searay 20' cuddy and a few days after I bought it I got a call saying that the trailer they gave me belonged to someone else.They wanted me to bring them the trailer. Problem was the boat was on it. I made them do the switch. The new trailer they gave me had wiring that wouldn't reach the truck and had no decals on it like the the first one. I got some free merchandise for all my troubles and believe me, there were many problems from that dealer. Now when I buy, I check ser. #'s and double check every thing else before I leave the dealership especially if its a long drive. New boats are still fun. Hope you enjoy your new rig, Gary