Spent a shortened weekend musky fishing the TFF - didn't leave until Friday morning due to the tornado warnings Thursday night. Watched some lightning go past, but it barely even rained at my house.

Water level is up about 8" from Memorial Day weekend - the stick at Springstead Landing was at -2.5 feet when I pulled out Sunday afternoon, and surface temps were at about 71 degrees. The water has been stirred up a bit by the recent wind and rain, but visibility is still better than normal. It looks like that and the low water is helping weed growth get off to an excellent start this season, which may not help the fishing any but should boost survival of this year's juvenile fish.

I tried bucktails, topwaters and jerkbaits over weeds in various depths in a variety of proven spots in Townline, Baraboo and up the Manitowish channel almost to Bonies. Didn't see anything other than a few overzealous northerns and a couple bass. A few mayflies and other insects are still hatching in the evenings, but it appears to be tapering off. I did mark a lot of fish suspended in the channels and off the dropoffs in Baraboo, especially in the evenings, but moving deeper and switching to crankbaits and plastics didn't help. June is always hit or miss, and this was definitely a miss.

Sky conditions weren't good for photos, so I left the remaining virtual tour scenes for next time.