www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Bastine June 6-11

Default Lake Bastine June 6-11

I've never been to this area of Wisconsin before, but 2 of my friends and I are heading up this weekend. Any tips for us? We are staying on Lake Bastine and are launching by the dam. Should we stay in our area, or venture off? We are looking for anything, but mainly walleye...

Thank you in advance for any help!

Josh

Go VERY slow in that bay by the launch. When I was young I caught a 46" musky by the big island on Bastine. The limit that year was 50!
    Last edited by SLEDHEAD; 06-10-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    R.I.P. Hiawatha Resort

BTW if you want eyes you will not find them on Bastine. Rick Daly took me to Beaver flats a couple times and had good luck there.

Default About the Flowage

Lake Bastine is a nice area. It IS a lake. When you leave the lake, you can go two ways. If you turn to the right and go past the Donners Bay and the dam, you'll be out in "the big water." It isn't difficult for a neophyte to get lost out in these beautiful surroundings. 40 years ago, it was possible to fish all day without seeing another boat. Not good for someone who is lost. These days, there's lotsa traffic. Wave somebody down and ask the way home if you feel the need. If you proceed straight ahead past the big pink rock and follow the left shoreline out of Lake Bastine, you'll wind up going up the river. Just follow that same shoreline home, and you'll get back to Lake Bastine.

Ask around. You might be lucky enough to find an honest fisherman (rare!) who will give you a hint as to where you might find some walleyes. If you're looking for muskies, I'll be honest and tell you where I caught the last three:
    right in the lower jaw! (Black bucktails are still the best bait, and that's an honest evaluation.)

There are two guides associated with this website. Either one will be able to put you on fish - - well most of the time, anyway. That's why it's called "fishing" instead of "catching." Good luck and enjoy the Flowage! Despite the fact that it gets churned up with today's high-horsepower, high-speed fishing/racing boats, it's still one of nature's wonders.

Musky Mauler

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by majia24 View Post
    you should try canada
    you should go to hurley and get a disease....

Now that's a good comeback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jossy10 View Post
    you should go to hurley and get a disease....
    ah yes, the days of Joe Miller talking about the "Hurley Girls".
    HRG

Default Lake Bastine

Hello , you must have been coming up to the Flowage for a few years if you remember Joe Miller talking about Hurley ! He always had a joke to tell , new where the fish was biting too and could catch them too !