June 2nd brought the first Kids Pontoon Fishing Trip of the summer. Seven kids joined Debbie and I for a few hours of fishing for panfish. I was tying on a lead head for a young boy when I noticed a girl had a fish on her line. It was jerking her pole more than a panfish and the sweet little girl held on with all her might. Seven year old Juel from Indiana had a Musky on her line!Her cousin Andrea quickly handed me the dip net. Netting any Musky is no easy chore...and leaning over the railing on a pontoon meant I had to do good... seven kids and my wife were watching! After a few exciting moments, the fish was landed, photographed and released. Juel's Spotted Musky was 27 1/2 inches long....quite the battle for a seven year old girl. No one helped her with her fishing pole. (See Pictures on our Photo Gallery...being posted almost daily now)

Since the Walleye Season opened 20 days ago (May 15th), our guests have landed Walleyes up to 27 inches...many Crappies over 13 inches with the biggest being 14 inches....many Bluegills at 9 1/2 to 10 inches....(MN State Record is 10 1/4 inches)...Largemouth Bass up to 18 inches...plus lot's of Pike, Perch and Rock Bass.

A 41-inch Spotted Musky was landed on May 21st by Kevin Daas when he was trolling a small Rapala for Walleyes with 6 pound test. His boat mate was Tom Spanovich, who was able to drag the fish into the boat after netting it with a small net and then watching Kevin's line break. These gentlemen enjoyed a frosty cold mug of Budweiser at the Lodge that evening after bringing pictures in. You can see that nice Musky on our Photo Gallery too. We are aware that Musky season opens June 5th. Juel's Musky and Kevin's Musky were both photographed and quickly released alive.

Come to Oak Haven Resort. Explore any of nine different lakes by boat. Catch 8 or 9 different species of fish while you are here. All this while staying at a clean, peaceful and friendly resort.