www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bbdn...

Default Bbdn...

Well I finally cought my first walleye here on BBDN. Really it was my first walleye ever on a pole. I went out of the Fishdamn river at about 6:30 and was fishing by 7:00 AM. I trolled about an hour and hit a 18 1/2 incher. My first ever walleye went right in the box. lol Over the next 5 hours I had my limit of walleyes. The biggest was 26 1/2 inches and the others ranged from 26 1/2 to 22 1/2 inches. I also cought 3 smallmouth bass. One 10" one 12" and the biggest was 18". I returned all three bass back to the water. All in all I had a GREAT time

Tomjohn
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Question details

Quote Originally Posted by tomjohn View Post
    Well I finally cought my first walleye here on BBDN. Really it was my first walleye ever on a pole. I went out of the Fishdamn river at about 6:30 and was fishing by 7:00 AM. I trolled about an hour and hit a 18 1/2 incher. My first ever walleye went right in the box. lol Over the next 5 hours I had my limit of walleyes. The biggest was 26 1/2 inches and the others ranged from 26 1/2 to 22 1/2 inches. I also cought 3 smallmouth bass. One 10" one 12" and the biggest was 18". I returned all three bass back to the water. All in all I had a GREAT time

Tomjohn
    Hey Tomjohn, how did you catch them? F.O.W., speed, lure? I haven't caught a eye in the three times I have tried on BBDN this year.

Fishfinder...I cought all my fish trolling. Crank baits were hitting for me. I cought all but one on a Hot N trot green ladderback about 2 1/2" long. One was cought on a simular lure the same size. As for depth, every one was in 15' of water. Speed was as slow as my 25 mercury would go. I tried several different crawler harnesses but no takers. The bass were hitting the same crank baits also. I hope this helps. BBDN has some GREAT fishing.

tomjohn
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinder2010 View Post
    Hey Tomjohn, how did you catch them? F.O.W., speed, lure? I haven't caught a eye in the three times I have tried on BBDN this year.

Thanks for the info Tomjohn, I hope to get on bbdn this weekend to try for some tasty eyes.

Fishfinder.