www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: May 27 Fishing Report

Talking May 27 Fishing Report

Hi folks

The hot weather continues and the hot bite right along with it. EVERYTHING’s biting right now – it’s that time of year. Walleyes are putting on a heck of a weed bite; CRAPPIES have pulled in the beds; BASS are making their nests and NORTHERNS are rampaging. Gosh, what a wonderful life – I love it when a plan comes together. We’ve been catching boatloads of fish lately – all different species. Jigs-tipped-with-redtail chubs and fished through heavy weed cover has been working very well. Water temps are fluctuating a little bit and running between 71 and 79 this past week. When heading out, make sure to take some nightcrawlers with you. I’ve been playing with them and in the afternoons, when the water temp warms up, the walleyes in particular tend to start looking at these nightcrawlers. I have not run across any mayfly hatches yet, although some other types of insects have hatched and I’m finding a lot of larvae inside the bellies of these walleyes. The mayfly hatch will be right around the corner. Concentrate your efforts in 7 to 8 feet of water, even on the semi-clear lakes when looking for these golden beauties. All-in-all, should be a great Memorial Day weekend for area anglers.

For you Musky enthusiasts this could be a bang-up opener. I’ve been seeing muskies cruising the weedbeds and chasing walleyes on our line, and even hitting our jig-and-minnow combinations. These fish are in the same areas that we’re finding everything else. They’re putting on their feed and acting very aggressively. With the warm water temps and the aggression of these fish – I wouldn’t hesitate to throw anything at my box at them – even topwater – as I have seen topwater activity taking place already in the form of large boils.

Good luck fishing. Jeff Winters
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paula 1.JPG 
Views:	496 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	9810  
    Jeff's Guide Service
    Jeff Winters

Web Site: http://www.jeffsguideservice.com
    E-Mail:jeffwintersguide@gmail.com
    Phone: 715-385-9313