Water temps are on the rise this past week. Most of the area lakes have moved into the low 70's for water temps. This morning the lake I was on was 72 degrees. The Bass are up and spawning right now. The bluegills are starting to make beds and the crappies are also still shallow. The new growth cabbage weeds are producing walleyes and panfish. I am still catching walleyes on minnows but It is that time when you need to have crawlers and leeches along as well. On certain days one will out produce the others. Most of the walleyes we are catching are on the deeper weed edges. I am starting to catch some out on the humps as well. It will vary from lake to lake. They have been biting pretty good so if you are not getting bites you need to keep moving until you contact them.
This weekend looks to be good stable weather for the musky opener. With the panfish up shallow I would expect the muskies to be there as well. The weed growth is probable 2 weeks ahead of a normal year. I would think the muskies should be active and willing to bite. I am going to have all types of lures in the water including topwater. This is not going to be a normal opener so be prepared to make moves and adjustments because this opener will be more like a mid June bite.

Good Fishing,