www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: what type of musky line is everybody using???

Default what type of musky line is everybody using???

I have been using Cortland spectrum line. Just wondering what everybody else is using...

Spiderwire Stealth, 80 lbs
    Forciers Fishing Guide Service
    Todd Forcier

E-Mail forciermusky@gmail.com
    Web Site: https://forcierfishing.com

Power Pro 80 & 100lb and a reel with 80 lb stealth

Every person has a different feel when it comes to line. I like a soft, flexible or limp line and go with TuflineXP in 80 and 100lb. I do have 100lb PowerPro on one reel and feel it is at times too stiff and wire like.

I second the Tuff Line XP. After trying many of the others, I have settled on it as my favorite. I like the 65 lb for spring twitching and jigging, but the 80 and 100 lb for everything else(80 for 75% of my casting/trolling, 100 for some heavy double 10 and rubber work, and for sucker rigs).

Sufix is great. But it losses color faster than Power Pro and Stren Sonic Braid. All turn mostly white after a couple days of casting, so it is unpreventable. Out of the three lines I listed I would rank them: Sufix, Stren, Power Pro. I have not used Tuff Line. I use 65, 80, and 100 lb test when using actual musky lures. I go to 50 lb when downsizing to smaller, bass style lures in the spring.