One week it's blowing like crazy, the next it's dead calm...........wow, and heat. Lake temps sored in 4 days by 12 degrees.....too warm, too fast....later on in the week when we got the little cool down, fishing(walleyes) really picked up. It looks like a lot of heat again for the next couple of days for sure.

Walleyes.....best bites on redtails, tuffys, and leeches....I have been getting fish from cabbage in 8' to coontail in 12 to 15', and deeper sand in 24 to 26'....all depends on the day and wind.

1/16 oz Bait Rigs Slow Pokes tipped with the minnows and leeches or set under slip bobbers. Bite has been best early 5 to 8 am and again in the evening....under best conditions when the sun was hidden by clouds and we had wind, the bite was all day long and strong.

Smallmouth are everywhere....look for rocks/gravel and you'll find them setting up shop....Shallow shad raps, Berkley Fire-stick minnows, Husky Jerks, gulp!....you name it...done deal....

Pike are thick in the cabbage right now....everywhere!! Larger redtails on jigs and larger Husky jerks are working....make yourself a little leader out of 18 lb 7-strand or 25 lb Vanish and tie on a 1/16 or 1/8 jig and minnow and rip it through the weeds....

Crappies are just into spawn and/or still prespawn on most lakes....Mini-Mites, Frizzies and my favorite...look for staging fish in cabbage in 5 to 8 feet of water near sandy flats.....last week's bite was amazing....over bagging my lots of people was a problem....sick!!! Time for a 15 bag 10" size limit on our best crappie lakes!

Good Luck!