www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Upcoming Week

Default Upcoming Week

I have a group of 5 that is coming up this Sunday for some great fishing on Leech. We have been coming up for a few years and always enjoy everything. Any recommendations on where to start on Sunday night when we get there? In the past, we have done well on Star Point, Pine Point, the sand flats of Sucker Bay and Stoney Point.... Any information would be helpful.. Good luck to everyone!!!

I cant speak for next week but on opener there wasnt a fish within a mile of Pine point. In fact every point I tried was pretty poor up until night fall. Im sure some wind and weather will change things quickly but I found myself searching in un-ordinary places on opener. Keep moving until you find a school thats willing to cooperate.

Thanks for replying. That is unusual for this time of year. Pine and Stoney usually hold several fish. What kinds of presentations have been used lately and where else does one go to fish besides the points?

Default Walleyes

Fishing should improve with some wind. The weather this spring is unusual with the early ice out, then two weeks of cold rainy weather has put the fish in a funky mood. They seem to be spread out. I have had some success fishing deeper break lines from 20 to 30 feet. Keep moving. I may use some bottom bouncers with crawler rigs to cover water.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

well, the wind held true...if it was up, fish were caught. 8-10 feet and right near the points...pine for sure. we caught 30 saturday. but it was clear that not everyone in the area caught fish. spot on the spot was key. when the wind went down, so did the fish. where do they go?

Default Wind

Wind gets the entire food chain moving. As you experienced the predators put on the feed bag. The fish for the most part do not move much maybe a bit deeper, but they do become inactive.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

I just got back last night from 6 days on Leech, and all I can say is WOW!!!! That is the best fishing on Leech for the 12 years I have been there. We absolutely hammered the Walleye and big ones too. We caught 7 overs one being 29'' and I would bet that between the 6 of us, we caught 60 or more slot fish between 20" and 25" plus all the keepers we could bring back, and we ate fish 2 nights. We cuaght some nice Pike also ( I hit a 10lber on my jig, just hammered it). Little Stoney is money all day, plust the underwater point between Little and Big Stoney several hundred yards from the point, we fished it every day, along with the break that goes 9-15 out in Trader's Bay (our buddies pounded em on crankbaits the last night on that break.) I think they caught 9 fish in about 90 minutes. We never sniffed Pine, or Goose, hit the Hardwoods once (2 fish) and caught a few at Otter the first day, but Lil Stoney is the Honeyhole (actually the underwater point was the honeyhole for bigger fish. I bet we caught almost half of our big slots and all of our overs in that one spot). We did have real nice stuff, my buddy had his 20ft Ranger Pro with the 225 on it and all the nice electronics, trolling motors and all that jazz, so they were easier to find, but we brough a lot of boats to that spot and saw most people catching fish. I am so thrilled with the Lech Lake comeback, we will be back next year on the search for the Dirty Thirty (incher) we missed.

Jigs of all kind and any minnows (we used fattys, r-bows and shiners) all worked, and the jig did not really matter too much, stay at 1/4 or 1/8th, they alway love green and white, hammered some nice ones the last day on a rattle jig. I loved being back at Trader's Bay and can't wait to return.

LEECH IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!