www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: little st. germain

Default little st. germain

We are going to fish little St. Germain for the first time memorial day weekend. We are staying in the south bay. Any tips on what to fish for and where would be greatly appreciate d.

Default If This Helps

Hi Oscar !!

I'm not a great fiserman so I hope this clear's the air quickly. Thing is I fished this lake and only this lake for over 25 years now. I know it seem's funny that I'm not a great fisherman but there's reason's for that. Basicaly I did it for the kids just to take them up there to get out of the city. Anyhooo about the lake..
    First as we know the weather plays a big part. Oh !! by the way I will be up there also at the same time but staying in east bay. If you see a couple in a 18 ft. pontoon boat with 2 red,white and blue flag's with a bunch of stars in a corner that's us (or me) I'll Semper Fi Ya ...... My name is Paul my girlfriend name is Neva... It really matter's in a way what kind of fishing you want to do but for panfish you can just stay in that bay just about anywhere . Do check out the river outlet .. Fish the shore in that area and if it's still there which it should be, there will be a tree limb in the water. If you find out where south bay resort is just take a look to the left of that while on shore and there is a cove . I won't bet by last dollar (because I'm in need of it for this trip) but it won't surprise me that gill's would be piled up in there .. Saw it in years past where they just glittered that cove.. Find a brown and white (trim) out building like a storage shed and stay 30 yards out from that and your get decent sunfish, gill's and pumpkinseed's (that's what I call them not sure though ) Tell ya a story about that spot if we meet it's funnnyyy ...
    CRAPPIES , well ok just for you ..I'm sure Rob and Kurt the guides up there may not agree here but I think they are making a come back on L. Saint a bit . Many years ago there were big crappies. Now not so but getting better. Heck close to you just fish the 2 narrow's in S. bay.. butttt if you want to paddle your boat to west bay narrow's your probally set your eyes on those 2 flags blowing in the breeze there . If not, I'm stuck in East Bay Ahhhhh Filling my basket there with slabs (not really I return alot ) they seem to be smaller in E. Bay but alot and it's fun. This is my first time ever that I'm trying to target walleyes so I'm not really sure but you can't go wrong in West Bay .. Northern's drift the bay where Black Bear Lodge is you can't miss it, it's what I call upper south bay. At one time it was called Richard's but very differant back then, I almost bought it with a couple of other people. That's not a bad spot to spend some time if boat traffic doesn't get sick.. Bass just about anywhere also .. I never keep a bass so I'll just say this .. If you do get to West Bay Narrow's and before them on either side throw somthing in those places .. the left side you have lilly pads so it's a little tough.. The right side is very shallow, very, like 2 fow maybe 3 .. Check out the 2 pier's in that cove and the deeper water in that area. during hot day time is ok.. There's other places but find me if you need .. Perch I don't give out on the net anyway .. PLEASE just keep what you need .. This lake is a good lake but still need's are help.. It get's raped every year but instead of fighting it maybe just try to help it it's worth it .. Hope this is of some use .. May the Almighty bless you and your's on this Memorial Week .. Semper Fi !!!!
    Last edited by captain wrongway; 05-27-2010 at 01:51 PM.