www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Recent walleye picture

Default Recent walleye picture

Here is a picture of a walleye we caught last weekend. Rachel caught the 26 1/2 inch fish on a jig and minnow in about eight feet of water. I know I should be taking more pictures of fish. I'll start posting more pictures up as I go. Nice fish Rachel!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye1.jpg 
Views:	1077 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	9640  
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thumbs up Nice wally

Great looking fish Rachel. Ty, when you add other fish pics to your site besides muskie, here's one you can add.

MS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ty Bass2.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	9641  

That just reminds me how cold it was. Brrrrrr.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

That is an awesome looking fish! Biggest walter ever for you Rachel?

My biggest is 24".

We are coming up to the Chip next weekend. How will the walleye bite be next weekend? How has it been so far? Can you drag lindy rigs, or is that trolling, and illegal? 1 fish per angler, per day limit, no slot right?

Lost Land lake, worth a trip out there for the skis and walleyes?

Thanks

ryanmitchell:

Here is a link to the updated bag limits following the study of the spearing numbers. This may answer some questions for persons wanting to fish waters other than the Chip. The Chip is staying at two/angler for the rest of the season.

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/regulations/2...baglimits.html

As for your other questions, you cannot drag lindy's under the power of a motor. You could drag lindy's drifting with the wind however...

Copied from the fishing regulations: Chippewa Flowage: The minimum length limit on muskellunge is 50". There is no minimum length limit on walleye. From May 1 through November 30 the daily bag limit on panfish is 25 in total of which no more than 15 may be crappie. From December 1 through March 6, the harvest of gamefish and crappie is prohibited, but the daily bag limit for other panfish is 15 in total. Fishing is prohibited for all species between March 6 and the opening of the general fishing season.

So no slot. By the way, nice walleye Rachael and largie TY

Mark

Default first time chip angler

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Here is a picture of a walleye we caught last weekend. Rachel caught the 26 1/2 inch fish on a jig and minnow in about eight feet of water. I know I should be taking more pictures of fish. I'll start posting more pictures up as I go. Nice fish Rachel!
    HI TY
    great job on the reports and nice pics. my wife and i are coming up to the chip for the first time. we will be staying on the west end i think at daggetts resort. not really picky on what we catch but would love a few smaller walleye for the pan. we mostly fish panfish anyway. where would be the better places to fish for eyes, crappie, perch ect.
    i do have a nice map i have been looking at, seems to be a large body of water..
    any tips would be great. coming up june 19th. - june 26th.

thanks a bunch all tips welcome....

Gemlover, ask Danny Daggett to point you in the right directon for some walleye. He is a great guy over there at Daggett's. Tell him I said hi. You'll catch some at dark and after dark right off of their beach.

Mark, thanks for posting that. It's hard to know the out of book regs like the lower limits. Thanks a ton.

Ryanmitchel, Rachel had a 27 1/2 inch walleye a couple years ago. She has the knack for em'.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Smile

TY is right about Danny , theres 3 good spots on chief for crappies and gils and Danny has fished them for years He'll point you in the right direction as for walleyes right in front of the island and along the weed lines in daggetts bay-to bad you never had a chance to have met George Daggett (the founder of the resort) now there was a great resort owner and person and i for one miss those fishing tales he spun. Good luck on your first trip

That link wasn't working for me, I did find a nice document for walleyes that includes many waters that many of you might fish.

Click here for document

Snizz:

Thanks man, I understand now that the DNR webpage puts up the earlier edition as news and then moves it to an archived page. I had posted something earlier and now I understand what happened to it. After looking on the archived page I found it again, assuming that is the link you posted!!! Again thanks for keeping that info alive...

Mark

Default info helpfull thanx

Quote Originally Posted by lost another anchor View Post
    TY is right about Danny , theres 3 good spots on chief for crappies and gils and Danny has fished them for years He'll point you in the right direction as for walleyes right in front of the island and along the weed lines in daggetts bay-to bad you never had a chance to have met George Daggett (the founder of the resort) now there was a great resort owner and person and i for one miss those fishing tales he spun. Good luck on your first trip
    I did look at my map, there seems to be a small island between daggetts point
    and the a point on the other side of the island.
    would this be the island you mentioned?????
    what would i toss at the eyes in mid june??
    thanx you guys are great.

Default thanx ty

Gemlover, ask Danny Daggett to point you in the right directon for some walleye. He is a great guy over there at Daggett's. Tell him I said hi. You'll catch some at dark and after dark right off of their beach.

Mark, thanks for posting that. It's hard to know the out of book regs like the lower limits. Thanks a ton.

Ryanmitchel, Rachel had a 27 1/2 inch walleye a couple years ago. She has the knack for em'.
    Isure will say hi danny for ya, seemed to be a very nice guy on the phone.
    it appears to me i wont have to travel to far to get into fish.....

Smile walleyes

Am I the only one that thinks the "bass fisherman" looks like he just got back from highjacking an airplane where as the "walleye fisher-person" looks like... well, you know? ;-)
    Nice fish guys!
    Ty, maybe you should have Rachel out guiding for "Walters" in May!

Default nice bass

Quote Originally Posted by Indigoiguana View Post
    Great looking fish Rachel. Ty, when you add other fish pics to your site besides muskie, here's one you can add.

MS
    did you get that bass on the west side or east????

I think that was on the west side from what I remember.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default danny daggett

Hey Ty
    Talked To Danny On The Phone Cuz I Sent Him My Check.said You Ty Sez Hi. Told Him HE Could Tell Me Where Fish Are And He Told Me In The Water!!!!! What Is That......
    Guess Wont Give Up His Spot's...
    Don't Know What To Say Ty.

Default gemlover getting leg pulled....

Quote Originally Posted by gemlover View Post
    Hey Ty
    Talked To Danny On The Phone Cuz I Sent Him My Check.said You Ty Sez Hi. Told Him HE Could Tell Me Where Fish Are And He Told Me In The Water!!!!! What Is That......
    Guess Wont Give Up His Spot's...
    Don't Know What To Say Ty.
    no i think he was pulling my leg.. he was chuckling a tad. thats ok i'll take care of danny when i get there...lollol

Default nice eye

coming up friday night. any new reports ty.....
    eyes, crappie, pike ,bass whats goin on.

oh by the way how are the bug's at night. ok or bad news??

thanx ty

I've been fishing for muskies only lately so I'm not sure about anything else. I'm sure everything else is biting good now. As for the bugs, they have been pretty tame recently. We did get some more rain so that might change but it should be fine.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default thanx ty

I've been fishing for muskies only lately so I'm not sure about anything else. I'm sure everything else is biting good now. As for the bugs, they have been pretty tame recently. We did get some more rain so that might change but it should be fine.
    maybe we'll stop by treelands and give ya a holler and a cocktail for your tip's .
    thanx again