www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lets bring the state record to Mohawksin

Default Lets bring the state record to Mohawksin

I'm heading up in two weeks, can anyone tell me if the bowfin are bitting yet. Last year was awesome on Alice and Mohawksin and hoping this will be the year to set a new state record. Thanks

In the shallows right now, I caught a huge one yesterday in the bay behind the shop Bluegill fishing. I was using 4lb line with a 7 foot ultralight rod, what a blast the fight was incredible. I think it was a record (in my mind) lol!! Ugly fish but very cool fight. Tonight I seen at least 5 or more in 2 feet of water.
    Dave
    Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
    www.fishtomahawk.com

My friend got one last weekend on Alice. Man those things are ugly.

Well, how did the bowfin bite go this summer? Any records set?

A nice bowfin was caught below one of the area dams about a montha nd a half ago, measured in at 33 inches.
    Trophy Fish Replicas

Bridge lake & Nokomis have been kicking out 30"+ dfishfor as all year. In the back end of Bridge has produced best. A simple #4 mepps (black & white) have landed 3 for us. Nasty $uckers that reck lures, but they do put up a fight. Shallow shallow shallow is where we get hit, we burn the mepps over the tops of the weeds forNortherns and always get a Dogfish too with this approach.